Sr. Product Manager, Alpha (AI)
Public is an investing platform that allows people to invest in stocks, ETFs, treasuries, crypto, art, collectibles, and more – all in one place.
Public’s platform helps people be better investors with access to custom company metrics, live shows about the markets, and real-time analysis. Members control how they invest with a suite of powerful tools, and get insights from a community of millions of investors, creators, and analysts.
Since 2019, Public has raised over $300 million. Investors include Accel, Tiger Global, Will Smith's Dreamers VC, The Chainsmokers' Mantis VC, and Shari Redstone's Advancit Capital, as well as renowned figures in business and culture, like Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, Maria Sharapova, Tony Hawk, and NYU Stern professor Scott Galloway.
About the role:
As Sr. PM, Alpha (AI), you’ll report to the Head of Product and lead the build out of Alpha. Alpha is an artificial intelligence investment exploration tool powered by GPT-4, a generative large language model offered by OpenAI.
We created Alpha to overcome one of the biggest limitations of natural language processing models: the inability to access information in real-time. With Alpha, our members can have an open-ended conversation with AI that fills them in on the latest, most comprehensive market data and analysis from Public.
In this role, you’ll join a nimble, fast-moving Product team, collaborating cross-functionally with Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Compliance to bring Public’s mission to life. From new integrations to optimization, you will incorporate data, research, and product sense to inform product design, strategy, and execution while balancing prioritization for an agile team.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager with some GenAI experience
- Passionate about all things artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Uncanny attention to detail, self-starter attitude, and ability to work independently
- Understanding of and experience with agile methodologies and rituals
- Experienced in crafting product requirements and communicating with engineers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable writing detailed product specs and documentation (e.g. Confluence, Notion, etc.)
- Familiarity with data analytics tools: SQL, Mixpanel, Segment, Looker, etc.
- Familiarity with product tools: Jira, Asana, Pivotal Tracker, Monday, etc.
- Experience working with a global team
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.
The pay range for this position in NYC is $140,000-$185,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay information is based on market location.