Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 28, 2024
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is looking for an Engineering Manager who will be responsible for managing software engineers from both a human and technical perspective. In this role, you'll be hands-on a leader and will plan projects, manage resources, and contribute to the team's goals. You'll be working across our tech stack and will be in play a major role in empowering our engineering team to build and maintain the core parts of our platform. The ideal candidate will have experience as a hands-on software engineer as well as with leading engineering teams and driving technical initiatives. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about building innovative technologies, is customer-focused, and is able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, then please read on!
In This Role, You Will:
- Lead and manage development for our core features
- Lead and drive team’s technical direction, shaping our long-term vision and
- You will be responsible for the overall development life cycle of our front-end
- and manage complex projects.
- Work with product managers in developing a roadmap.
- Oversee the successful delivery of core software projects, ensuring
- high-quality and timely execution.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including backend engineering to
- deliver projects. Foster effective communication and collaboration between
- teams ensuring seamless project execution.
- Lead multi-discipline, high-performance engineering team distributed across
- remote locations.
- Coach and mentor, a team of engineers. Directly responsible for their career
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience managing software development teams.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity, demonstrated through clear communication.
- Proven track record of owning and leading delivery of projects.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to drive project delivery and
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities.
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, coaching teams of Software Engineers.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.