Billing Specialist Tier I
This is an entry-level billing role, responsible for working with small business customers, agency partners, and internal business partners to complete billing inquiries and requests.
How You’ll Do It
Provide responsive, timely, and relevant service to customers and partners
- Handle tier 1 phone, email, and platform-based communications with customers and cross-functional partners to provide excellent customer service.
- Complete tier 1 billing activities including: notices of and final cancellations, reinstatements, and rescissions.
- Monitors and maintains service level agreements, while remaining compliant with federal and state regulations.
- Consistently meet production goals related to Billing Tier 1 work
Successfully interact with and resolve billing issues for small business owners and partners in all channels
- Handle inbound calls/ follow ups, with a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Build relationships with Agency partners and internal team members to provide accurate and consistent communication with customers.
- Seek and provide resolution to billing issues while also anticipating ways to prevent future issues.
- Assist customers in need of payment plans related to audit and other requests.
Participate in ongoing training
- Maintains knowledge and familiarity with billing policies and procedures through ongoing training.
- Complete other miscellaneous duties as assigned
The Right Stuff
- A High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's Degree or college coursework preferred.
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems required; Financial Services, Collections, or Banking experience preferred.
- Intermediate communication skills: able to clearly and professionally communicate with customers via phone and email. Learning to present your own views in a direct and open manner.
- Intermediate problem solving skills to be able to resolve simple problems quickly and effectively with little guidance. Often applies analytical and critical thinking skills within their role.
- Developed self-direction and responsibility for own tasks, deliverables, and timelines.
- Ability to work in a team environment, develop and sustain collaborative working relationships. Learning to consider the needs of stakeholders and fully commit to a decision made.
- G-Suite Tools, Salesforce, Payment Processing Systems, Collaboration tools (slack is preferred)
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.