Senior Director, Claims Operations
The Senior Director, Claims Operations will be responsible for collaborating with the Head of Claims to continue building and developing Pie's Claims Operations, which include quality and compliance, training, shared services, and vendor management. This role is responsible for the outcomes the team generates through work quality, work cadence, process excellence, and continuous improvement. They embody the company’s values, are excellent communicators, lead from the front, and can galvanize a team to action. They take a collaborative, first-principles, and disciplined approach to leadership. They are comfortable yielding thought leadership to their team, while also stepping in as a subject matter expert as appropriate.
How You’ll Do It
- Responsible for oversight of the Claims Operations function at Pie.
- Member of the Claims leadership team. Develops and directs a team of managers and high-level IC's, including setting and tracking goals, assigning and reviewing work, managing related processes and staff activities, performance management, coaching, and mentoring.
- Develop, measure, and coach to performance goals and measurements (KPIs) for the Pie claims operations leaders.
- Effectively controls and directs the activities of complex Claims Operations team having significant impact on the company.
- Building/modeling and tracking budgets for headcount planning.
- Define and drive the execution of functional initiatives to support company-wide OKRs, including quality, efficiency, and NPS
- Oversight and accountability for vendor services that drive efficiency for the claims operation
- Develop and implement change management practices and procedures
- Develop and implement strategy for centralized data and operations, including where to invest in infrastructure based on corporate strategy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in influencing and transforming a claims operation by articulating and executing Pie's shared vision.
- Develop the strategy to continue the buildout, scale, and standardization of key functions. Maintains a focus on streamlining and automating processes to reduce costs.
The Right Stuff
- 10+ years experience in Insurance Claims Operations
- 3+ years experience in Claims Operations Leadership
- Advanced understanding of insurance claims and related operations
- Ability to interpret and articulate claims data insight and drive action
- Ability to analyze and recommend edits to vendor contract language to ensure Pie's interests are accurately reflected and that we are protected from unnecessary risk.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.