Process Improvement Program Manager
Reporting directly into our Sr. Director of Commercial Strategy and Operations, our Process Improvement Program Manager is responsible for identifying, planning, leading, and delivering efficiency and scalability improvements across the business. In this role, you will be responsible for a portfolio of initiatives supporting our core operations functions. Pie is an innovative and fast-growing startup in the Insurtech space, and we need to continually evaluate how to disrupt the norms, scale and grow efficiently, and provide the most elegant solutions to our team members and our customers. Pie is an incredibly collaborative team with constant communication where you will work with various stakeholders and team members.
How You’ll Do It
- Project roadmaps
- Work closely with our CS, Audit, Billing, Underwriting, Enterprise Technology, and Product teams
- Use analytical skills and the ability to translate metrics, research, and trends to identify opportunities and initiatives for improvement
- Analyze operation performance data and process measures to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities
- Work closely with leadership teams to provide data vital to initiative prioritization and project outcomes
- Process performance and scalability
- Conduct root cause analysis and communicate findings in a synthesized format. Deliver impact assessment
- Demonstrated knowledge of value stream mapping, customer journey mapping and root cause analysis principles
- Knowledge of how to use data driven decision points and project planning tools to drive decisions and designs
- Collect data and analyze processes
- Provide recommendations rooted in a solid financial case to advance our business goals
- Implementing solutions
- Lead transformation initiatives to improve scalability while improving the client experience for multiple departments across operations
- Create plans to achieve goals, and provide instruction and motivation to cross-functional teams to implement solutions effectively
- Identify and manage dependencies from other programs connected systems
- Plan and monitor project execution using Agile methodologies. Balance competing priorities and throttling work to ensure teams are not overwhelmed and able to adopt needed changes
- Track project issues to resolution; manage risks and remediation plans.
- Provide status on all assigned initiatives at the Portfolio and Executive levels. Cross-functional stakeholder management
- Plan and coordinate training, communication, and deployment activities
- Build and refine operational performance processes and best practices.
- Build team processes for automation
- Coach team members within functional teams who are learning and leading improvement projects
- Support cross-functional efforts to determine areas where we can gain organizational synergy, improve customer engagement, scale our operations, and achieve our financial targets
- Develop and execute strategies related to continuous improvement. Must develop a good understanding of the challenges associated with each department as well as a process for offering advice and guidance for improving scalability and efficiency
The Right Stuff
- A High School Diploma or GED is required. College coursework, Bachelor’s Degree, or a Graduate’s Degree is preferred
- 5+ years of proven experience managing LSS or quality process improvement projects and teams is preferred
- 2+ years in FinTech, InsurTech and/or the commercial insurance industry in general are a plus
- 2+ years of experience driving quality, scalability, and/or client satisfaction process improvement and transformation programs
- Leverage best demonstrated practices for planning and leading complex implementations of process changes
- Knows how effective processes work and leverages data to evaluate process capability and identify performance gaps
- Experience working with vendor partners to accelerate projects and build scalability for the future
- Adaptability, we are rapidly growing from a mature start-up to the next level. Effectively manages evolving priorities and the numerous connection points and dependencies between ongoing initiatives
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills while maintaining a strong attention to detail
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.