Director, Talent Acquisition
The Director of Talent Acquisition will lead Pie’s internal recruiting team in hiring the best possible talent to Pie. This is a key leadership role that will, in partnership with the SVP, People and Talent, also be responsible for continuing to build our capability to make data-informed talent decisions across the business, developing and optimizing Pie's talent acquisition workflow and tech stack. This role will build high-trust collaborative relationships across a dynamic organization, lead and support a portfolio of team and organizational initiatives, and contribute to Pie’s overall talent strategy and the vision.
How You’ll Do It
- Build a Recruiting Culture to Grow Pie’s Talent Density
- Hire, train, develop and support Talent team leads and the team as a whole to effectively deliver against Pie’s talent strategy with a focus on growing organizational talent density.
- Build best practices and drive talent initiatives to success within the Talent team and across the organization.
- Team Management
- Manage the talent acquisition function and processes, including team members and leaders in the department, instilling the team with the vision, tools and skills to deliver against the organizational mission.
- Responsible for team member development and success in delivering results to the organization.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Drive gathering and reporting of data insights, KPIs and key outcomes
- Responsible for developing and owning the annual roadmap for the Talent team, and implementing the means to measure outcomes and results across all facets of talent acquisition.
- Identify meaningful metrics and develop reporting to optimize processes, identify opportunities, hire the best possible talent and create the best possible stakeholder and candidate experience.
- Provide reports concerning hiring trends, turnover rates, candidate feedback, etc., across the People & Talent team, the Pie Executive Team and all Pie leaders.
- Manage processes and user experience
- Drive the interview process with urgency and provide leadership oversight of logistics coordination, scheduling, and managing ATS workflows.
- Ensure an excellent candidate and stakeholder experience.
- Engage and manage agency partner relationships as needed.
- Design a “Best in Class” Candidate Experience that stands out in the talent brand marketplace, and that creates a memorable experience for both candidates hired and released from the process.
- Develop and implement recruiting plans to fill open requisitions while minimizing cost per hire.
- Manage and administer talent management efforts and employee referral programs.
- Identify, attract & hire great talent
- Work with Talent Brand to develop and implement Pie’s talent brand strategy, executing on key initiatives as assigned.
- Articulate our vision as an employer and train internal and external teams to source, interview, and hire the best talent for the role.
- Technology and vendor management
- Oversee Pie’s ATS with a mindset of continuous improvement, evidence-based and data-supported processes, and universal stakeholder experience, solving for the needs of our broad stakeholder group.
- Manage contractual relationships with placement agencies, contract recruiters (retained and contingent), job boards, job fairs and various internet job search websites for posting requisitions and surfacing candidates.
The Right Stuff
- A high school diploma or GED is required. A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with some college coursework is preferred.
- A minimum of 5+years experience managing a talent acquisition team.
- A minimum of 8-years experience working in talent acquisition, people operations, and/or talent management.
- Advanced communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills to deliver complex information effectively and align people with the needs of the project/team.
- Advanced problem solving skills. Ability to anticipate, analyze and solve highly complex and nuanced problems by evaluating complex variables and applying analytical and critical thinking skills to cross functional projects. Capable of sourcing and leveraging data (when available) to inform decisions.
- Advanced awareness of workflow, and project tradeoffs to make decisions based on needs now and into the future.
- Advanced leadership skills with experience leading large or technical teams through complex deliverables. Propensity for motivating others to take initiative by coaching others to be self-sufficient through effective questions, guidance, empowerment, and accountability. Establishes psychological safety for team members to test, learn, and grow.
- Advanced ability to give open and honest direct feedback to members on the Talent Team and different functions and stakeholders (including Executives), in addition to seeking out feedback from stakeholders across the organization.
- Experience working in Greenhouse, Workday, G-Suite Tools, and Slack is highly preferred.
- Advanced sourcing skills and deep understanding of Boolean methodology. Understands sourcing practices across different platforms like LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, Monster, etc.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with a high-touch, service-oriented approach and top-notch communication skills.
- Strong understanding of recruiting and people operations functions and interdependencies with other functions and how to establish prioritization for deliverables.
- Strong ability to assess and understand the needs of stakeholders at all levels, internal and external to the organization, and to design solutions that maximize meeting the needs of the stakeholders for key decisions and initiatives.
- Self-starter with ability to work with little direction and produce results.
- Experience and demonstrated results driving process improvement.
- Strong ability to build, develop and lead a high performing team capable of delivering high impact and managing aggressive goals.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.