Senior Claims Adjuster, Workers’ Compensation (Midsouth)
The Senior Claims Specialist will play a critical role in ensuring quality claim file management, that service level agreements are met, and regulatory requirements are satisfied while helping to create and provide an industry-leading customer claims experience. This will be completed by working with internal and external partners to drive performance, identify trends, and report findings to internal Pie Leaders. While this Claims Specialist role does not currently involve active claim handling, this position may require claim handling activities as our program grows.
How You’ll Do It
Claims Quality Assurance (QA)
- Responsible for ensuring claims are handled in accordance with established guidelines and service instructions.
- Ensures timely completion of file reviews, calibration sessions and analysis reports.
- Identify claim handling trends by applying industry knowledge of the claims process, policies & procedures, and regulatory environment.
- Meet regularly with Claims Leadership to provide QA results and recommendations for opportunities for improvement.
Claims Technical Oversight
- Provide technical direction on claim decisions and resolution in partnership with our external Third Party Administrator (TPA) partner within the assigned authority level.
- Assist as necessary in providing claim status to agents and insureds, coverage verification and loss run reports, etc.
Claims Customer Service
- Serve as a point of contact for our partner agents and customers to provide general claim guidance and help set claim process expectations.
- Participate in interactions with TPA adjusters and claims partners to drive optimized claims outcomes and top-notch claims experience.
- Advocate to ensure that Pie has a leading claims customer experience.
- Work to continuously improve our claims operations and look at opportunities and gaps in claim service, handling SOPs, protocols and processes.
- Support Pie’s efforts to gather data to better inform our decisions, reporting and overall performance.
- Use data to generate reports to inform on claims program trends and performance to goals.
- Work collaboratively with Pie leaders and teams in Product, Underwriting, Compliance, Sales, and Customer Success to analyze data and metrics.
The Right Stuff
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with some college coursework is preferred.
- Minimum of 5-years workers’ compensation claim adjusting experience is required (carrier background, preferred).
- Requires a Claims Adjuster License in at least one of the following states: Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Kentucky. Multiple states preferred.
- Experience adjusting Workers' Comp claims in the following states is required: Tennessee
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills, to deliver more complex information effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills to be able to manage complex tasks and work through to solutions with little guidance and direction.
- Awareness of your own tasks and how it impacts the team and deliverables.
- Experience using G-Suite Tools and collaboration tools like Slack is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of jurisdictional regulatory and statutory requirements and CMS/MSA requirements.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in claim adjudication, medical, and litigation management.
- Advanced ability to analyze and take necessary action in multiple focus areas based on several data points.
- Ability to use skills to overcome conflict and reach beneficial outcomes.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (oral and written) is preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.