Strategic Account Associate
As a Strategic Account Associate, you will be responsible for managing the overall partner experience to ensure substantial and profitable growth within the strategic partnerships team, specifically driving affiliates to National Partners. These partnerships may include affiliates to national or regional retail partnerships, network agencies, API partners, or national program opportunities. The role is accountable for working closely with our National Account Management team to effectively onboard, rehabilitate and further strengthen existing relationships, ensuring we gain carrier preference within the agency. Managing these partners mandates a high level of activity and execution but also a strength in strategic planning to maximize profitable growth and relationship between the partner and Pie.
How You’ll Do It
Effectively assist in the onboarding and training of our new agency partners
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of our value proposition and convey effectively to new partners in order to solidify the solutions Pie will solve for the partnership.
- Drive partner engagement through the onboarding/training phase by establishing frequent cadence of touchpoints with new partners to assist their launch.
- Immediately identify early trends at the agency as well as at the user level to correct or encourage behaviors early into the partnership.
- Identify profile gaps and complete our understanding of that agency, their workflows, how they operate, and individuals who will influence positive outcomes.
- Uncover users who were not onboarded and create a space for those individuals to hear our story and add value.
Management of territory to drive profitable premium growth through strategic partners
- Work closely with the national account management team to understand and execute the strategic opportunities within the assigned partners to maximize the volume within the territory in total and in same store sales.
- Solidify meeting activity with agency primary contact, larger groups, and individual user level to remain top of mind and consistently overcome hurdles in the way of success.
- High frequency call out cadence to stakeholders and influencers at the agency that can assist in outcomes, ensuring we are engaging with every user within the agency that can drive submissions to Pie.
- Build out a future submission pipeline for partners that is trackable and can be followed up on.
- Thoughtfully distribute critical updates to partners in order to raise awareness of innovation, enhancements, and solidify our value proposition within the agency which creates a level of carrier preference.
- Monitor necessary reporting that will provide insights, and identify trends that will add value to individuals and agencies to ensure positive outcomes.
- Rehabilitating relationships that have not yet experienced the value propositions Pie is able to offer the partnership through diligent follow-up and careful attention to the specific needs of the agency.
- Create a daily and weekly plan to optimize overall productivity while maintaining necessary information in order to effectively forecast distribution channel premium on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Tracking and reporting performance metrics and industry trends
- Pull and analyze reports that are used to more effectively manage partners, territories and day to day activity goals to meet the monthly: Acquisition, Onboarding, Engagement, and Premium goals.
- Maintain industry insights or trends that directly impact the business decisions.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with some college coursework is required.
- Minimum of 4-years relevant working experience is required.
- Minimum of 2-years experience in insurance or Saas organization is required, preferably in Workers Compensation or other commercial lines.
- 2-years of partner channel management experience is preferred.
- Experience managing strategic, national, API, or wholesale partners is preferred.
- Working knowledge of agency hierarchy to strategize desired outcomes by leveraging resources embedded within complex external organizations.
- Intermediate communication (written and verbal) skills, to deliver more complex information effectively.
- Intermediate problem solving skills to be able to manage complex tasks and work through to solution with little guidance and direction.
- Intermediate awareness of your own tasks, and how it impacts the team and deliverables.
- Basic leadership skills and some general experience leading work groups or task forces in specific projects.
- G-Suite Tools, Collaboration tools (slack is preferred), Salesforce, Looker, Zoom preferred.
- Advanced sales skills with a previous consistent track record in achieving/exceeding targets in a closing role; relevant experience in developing new business relationships, overcoming objectives, and presenting sales solutions/products to new clients.
This is an incentive pay based position and as such, there is no guaranteed commission amount. The on-target earnings (OTE) for this role are approximately $140,000 and are based on successfully meeting performance expectations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash compensation
- A piece of the pie (in the form of equity)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Future focused 401k match
- Generous parental and caregiver leave
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as pie. That includes our offer process. When we’ve identified a talented individual who we’d like to be a Pie-oneer , we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience, along with their compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
Each year Pie reviews company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Unless otherwise specified, this role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.