Parade’s focus is on rewriting the underwear story to make underwear more accessible, inclusive and fun. We launched in October 2019 and since then have grown rapidly. Parade has been honored by Awards and publications such as but not limited to, Webby awards, InStyle, Nylon, Teen Vogue, Refinery29 and Forbes.
In fall 2023 Parade joined forces with its now parent company, Ariela & Associates (AAI), who have had a stronghold on the sector for over 25 years with subsidiary brands including, Fruit of the loom, smart and sexy, curvy couture as well as bespoke lines for national retailers.
We are looking for a Director of Design who can lead with full responsibility for the formation of design standards in the Intimates category and ensure design quality is aligned with Parade goals. This person manages the design team and execution process to ensure all deadlines are met, whilst working closely with key cross-functional teams including art department, tech design, merchandising and planning.
This is a hybrid role coming into our Midtown office Tuesday - Thursday.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with senior managers to create the seasonal direction for Intimates categories and manage its successful execution through a team of designers.
- Ensure best in class concept production through design team collaboration on overarching concepts to independently produce seasonal trends and color direction.
- Maintain market lead on sourcing new and innovative fabrics, trims, and technology.
- Inspire creativity within the team and foster new concept development.
- Understand and incorporate market intelligence and business strategy into product design.
- Navigate Design and recommend product lines with consideration given to trends, silhouettes and cost of goods.
- Ensure continuity across creative teams allowing print and graphic development quality and timeliness.
- Oversee color and pattern development through final production stages
- Partner with technical design on best in class for size contemporary sizing and master fit
- Strong partnership with overseas vendors and production to ensure quality and top craftsmanship
- Ensure flawless fit and design details for ecomm. and styling
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of industry experience including: Concept, Apparel product development, R&D, and Fabric development
- Textile/material science experience is a bonus
- Color and Print
- Proficiency in Adobe suite – illustrator/photoshop and indesign
- Technical design knowledge
- Ability to manage a team that thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Passion for problem-solving - top down and bottom up