Credit & Collections Manager
Palmetto Clean Technology
Palmetto is a clean technology marketplace focused on the democratization of the renewable energy industry. We connect homeowners with options to purchase solar power, home efficiency products and energy storage systems. We empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score. Palmetto is growing rapidly and prepared to continue growth in a post-ITC world.
The Credit & Collections Manager role interacts daily with Palmetto customers, sales members, and financiers. Responsibilities include owning aged accounts receivable, collections, and credit risk analysis for customers and partners. This person should have strong communication skills, a desire to exceed customer expectations, and strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. The ability to identify and resolve gaps in the current process is paramount to success in the role!
If you’re organized, a great communicator, and analytically focused, this role is a great fit for you!
- Passionate about problem solving, and you excel at finding solutions to unstructured issues while achieving success in a structured environment.
- You love to innovate. Bureaucracy and red tape are simply opportunities to get creative and find solutions!
- You can tackle the macro and micro and focus on individual issues with an eye on the overall financial health of your business!
- Consistent aging AR queue management and oversight, leading to predictable cash collection
- Setting clear goals for BPO resources regarding customer outreach
- Trailing AR Balance at or below targets
- Ensure 85% of AR balance is current
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Clear reporting on AR for distribution at all levels of management
- Oversight of Palmetto Finance Billing and FinOps Team as it relates to aging receivables
- Own the aged AR balance for Palmetto, ensuring that trailing AR is within approved levels. This may require intradepartmental collaboration with operations, design, and fulfillment teams.
- Develop reporting and monitoring process to ensure unpaid balances are flagged and move through the collections process
- Oversee collections contractors and our third party collection agency, ensuring they are productive and performing to service level and volumetrics expectations at high levels of quality. Ensure team is up to date on training needs, including consumer collections regulations and best practices
- Manage the communication pathways with market managers, design/engineering team, documentation team, financiers, channel partners, and homeowners to proactively resolve outlier issues.
- Document and systematize credit and collections processes and procedures
- Provide clear guidance to FinOps team and company leadership around AR balance, and proactively communicate any blocking items to timely payment, customer experience, or general platform risk.
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit, including generating financial ratios to evaluate customers’ financial status. Compare liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations. Prepare reports on research.
- Develop processes to monitor ongoing credit risk for counterparties.
Required Background and Skills
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a finance role, including supervisory experience
- Experience in data modeling and risk management either from a business administration, statistical, mathematical, scientific, or financial background
- BS/BA Degree
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Debt collection and credit risk experience
- Customer service mindset
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (G Suite)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the construction or solar industry preferred
- Spanish speaker is a plus