Director of Inside Sales
Palmetto Clean Technology
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation/PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and retirement plans.
Summary of Role
As the Director of Inside Sales, you will be responsible for leading sales success & growth for our inside sales team. You will work closely with the sales team each day, providing hands-on training, recruiting and assistance as needed to build a strong sales team. The Director of Inside Sales should be self-motivated and committed to setting and reaching sales targets that increase the company’s profits and boost performance. You should have extensive experience working in sales to develop a strong knowledge for how the sales department operates, which helps them build achievable and impressive sales strategies for their sales team to hit.
Strategic & Tactical
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies and plans to achieve and exceed revenue and market share goals for the inside sales channel.
- Evaluates market conditions and adjusts sales strategy to successfully adapt to those changes. Gathers and evaluates key sales trends and market indicators and implements strategies for alignment.
- Monitoring and analyzing channel performance metrics and trends and taking corrective actions as needed.
- Maximizes sales effectiveness by providing leadership to the inside sales team to ensure productivity targets are met and or exceeded
- Leads and manages the inside sales team. Provides mentoring, development and training.
- Works collaboratively with internal departments to execute sales strategies.
- A bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in sales management, preferably in the solar or renewable energy industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of services and products
- Knowledge of how to develop client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Understanding of how to position products against competitors
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.