Accounts Payable Manager
Palmetto Clean Technology
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation/PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and retirement plans.
Summary of Role
As the Accounts Payable Manager, you will play a crucial role in maintaining the financial health of our organization. You will be responsible for leading a team and managing the accounts payable function efficiently. Your expertise in using NetSuite, Stampli, and Stripe will be essential in optimizing our processes and ensuring accuracy in financial transactions. This role requires strong leadership, technical proficiency, attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
Strategic & Tactical
- Lead and manage the accounts payable team, ensuring efficient invoice processing, payment disbursement, and reconciliation.
- Oversee cash management, optimizing liquidity and ensuring accuracy in vendor payments through various methods.
- Manage Travel & Expense (T&E) processes using platforms like Concur and Navan for timely reimbursement.
- Utilize NetSuite, Stampli, and Stripe for streamlined accounts payable processes.
- Establish strong vendor relationships, negotiate terms, and conduct periodic audits for compliance.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, generate reports, and contribute to month-end closing.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and lead cross-functional projects.
- 8+ years of relevant experience with 4+ years in a leadership/team management role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Renewable Energy company experience preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and reporting under U.S. GAAP
- Excellent communication skills, both within and across accounting and finance teams, but also with business partners (HR, Marketing, IT, Legal, and other business leaders).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter who is very comfortable working independently, but also works well within and across teams.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving, planning, quality control, adaptability, and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Process-oriented with experience in documenting processes and procedures.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience with NetSuite, Stampli, Stripe, and similar applications is highly desirable.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.