Palmetto Clean Technology
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent traditional benefits such as unlimited vacation, medical, dental, and vision coverage, and retirement plans. We are also proud to offer innovative benefits that help our employees thrive in a 21st-century economy, including 2-week annual sabbaticals, parental leave, and unlimited PTO - among other benefits.
This is a remote position to start. As and when Palmetto has office locations (Charlotte, Charleston, and San Francisco) this role will be hired into those locations.
Summary of Role
The Compliance Specialist role will be reporting directly to the Director, Head of Build. The role will support the Compliance function at Palmetto in assisting with noncompliance prevention across our core energy partners.
Strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Track and collect documents at a 45 day/30 day/14 day/7 day/1 day rhythm
- Proactively review documents across all our partners
- Develop and maintain compliance SOPs
- Support the preparation and filing of compliance audits
- Research and understand local requirements by market
- Review and complete onboarding compliance documents for new partners
- Oversee background checks for new partners
- Manage compliance-related communications internally and externally
- Engage with cross-functional partners as and when required
- 3+ years of work experience in Operations or Compliance within construction, industrial, oil & gas, or renewable energy space
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, procedures, and other relevant regulatory standards
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency with G-Suite, Slack, and Salesforce preferred
- Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP) preferred
- Must be located in Charlotte, NC, Charleston, SC, or San Francisco, CA
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.