Palmetto Clean Technology
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation/PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and retirement plans.
This role is in person based in Charlotte, North Carolina in our company headquarters.
Summary of Role
The Customer Lead, Project Operations role is critical to Palmetto accomplishing its mission. You are the primary point of contact for our customers along their solar journey. We need to first deliver a top-notch customer experience, project by project. You will be responsible for a subset of customers whose homes are approved for installation (Site Approval) and helping them progress through turning on their system (System Activation or PTO). As issues arise, you will directly resolve them with our customers and make sure they are aware of what to expect going forward.
This role will combine operational execution with customer and sales support. In addition, this will be a highly visible role across the Operations organization, particularly as it will be a key focus area for our Executive Leadership team in 2024. If you’re an advocate for customer success, detail-oriented, and love building and improving processes as you go - we’ve got a spot for you!
- You are customer-centric, engaging, and love doing whatever it takes to help solve someone’s issues
- You’re a natural problem solver, you chose to take ownership to the maximum and drive resolutions for customers and teammates, no matter what it takes
- You build empathy, trust, and rapport with customers, sales reps, and internal teams, and are willing to support others as needed
- You’re flexible and agile to meet changing business and customer needs
- You partner with customers, sales reps, and internal Palmetto teams to ensure as many customers as possible achieve their desired outcome: an activated solar system on their roof within a reasonable time frame.
- This will be measured by whether your Customer Pipeline (a subset of projects owned by you) achieves a Customer Success Rate above the national average on projects activated and working within 180 days. Note: target could differ based on region.
- You respond to all inquiries about your pipeline of projects within 1 business day
- Manage a pipeline of Palmetto customers to ensure their projects are completed in a timely manner (no outliers!), and that they know what to expect throughout the process
- Act as key customer contact with the authority to exercise discretion and independent judgment (explain company policies, handle negotiations, resolve matters, etc.) to deliver and achieve top-notch customer experience
- Respond quickly to any issues that arise on your subset of projects, autonomously driving to a resolution together with external parties (e.g. utilities) and internal teams (e.g. permitting team), and communicating with the customer
- Reduce the number of inbound Sales Rep questions by working with them to resolve project blockers on outlier projects.
- If projects are held up for any reason related to utilities, municipal authorities, permitting, or inspections, you are ready to jump in and do what it takes to get the blocker resolved
- Confirm and maintain customer satisfaction, understanding, and alignment through the fulfillment lifecycle, including addressing any concerns about timelines, system information, and paths forward (including cancellation).
Required Background and Skills
- Must be located in the Charlotte, NC metro and be willing and able to work in an office environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an account manager, customer success or similar role
- BS/BA Preferred
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Customer service mindset with sales acumen
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the construction or solar industry preferred
- Must be bilingual (English & and Spanish speaking)
- Google Workspace
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.