Quality Assurance Manager
What to expect:
As the Quality Assurance Manager, you will report into the Head of Engineering and will lead teams of Test Analysts to ensure quality of applications for various platforms. The products include payment applications, mobile applications, customer onboarding, marketing sites, support for third party integrations, and other customer facing products utilising and extending the core payment system to go where no payments provider has gone before.
As one of Ozow’s esteemed senior technical members you need to have strong experience in testing fundamentals and methodologies and system automation. You need to have a good understanding of software development practices and be able to assist in researching and developing new products and modifications to existing software to improve the overall efficiencies of digital product offerings. You will also be responsible for periodic regression testing of production systems to identify any potential bugs and to ensure the system is functioning correctly.
You would be working in an agile environment with a major contribution to the product roadmap. You will need to show a strong knowledge of digital product development and the payments eco-system, and need be able to plan and test products that support the core payment systems.
You will need to provide technical leadership to multiple development teams and the test analysts in them, and help them deliver on sprint commitments. The role is overarching, building quality into products from beginning to end. You will need to bring all your skills to the table so that the team can collectively benefit from your input. To do so, you should have a track record of implementing best practices such as continuous integration, test automation, exploratory testing, load testing and security testing. You would have demonstrated your skills on team management and mentorship. A proven history of successful delivery of software projects under tight deadlines is a must.
- 10+ years in software testing experience.
- Proven work experience (5+ years) as a manager and technical test lead for software development teams.
- A relevant IT Diploma or Degree.
- Experience working with agile methodologies – a true believer.
- A strong understanding of digital product offerings and the development thereof.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Understanding company goals and participating in requirements analysis.
- Understanding the interdependency of work items and teams.
- Active engagement with the development teams on all areas of software development and testing.
- Active monitoring of the software testing process and continuous improvement thereof.
- Standardisation of technologies, approaches, and architectures across teams.
- Working with agile coaches, technical leads, development managers, and the executive team to drive continuous improvement in the testing competency.
- Liaise with agile coaches, product owners, and development managers to resolve team impediments.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to your team members and the rest of the business.
- Work with the development teams in order to deliver software projects of high quality.
- Regular reporting to the Head of Engineering and other stakeholders on progress and issues.
- Work with the various development and technical support teams to identify and resolve any production issues timeously and efficiently, keeping business impact to a minimum.
- Constantly keeping up to date with emerging trends and practices in the relevant fields and imparting this knowledge onto others.
In office perks
- Healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- Workplace Concierge (Cape Town)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
Sounds good? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!