Head of Sales
What to expect
The Head of Sales spearheads growth and revenue for Ozow. This rain maker will lead the sales teams and oversee the meticulous and creative crafting, structuring and execution of enterprise agreements. Ozow is known for our product expertise and our scrupulous, analytical approach to problem-solving. You will be heading up a department that serves as a critical source of growth and sustainability for the business. Coupled with user feedback, insights, and market intelligence, you will have direct influence on Ozow’s product roadmap. We are looking for an unshakeable, self-starter who will create and drive initiatives that enable you to meet the department’s ambitious monthly, quarterly, and annual New Sales Targets.
Paramount to this role is the ability to open new doors and, establish strategic partnerships to protect and exponentially increase Ozow’s reach and market share by:
- Bringing your sales experience, skills, networks, and business savvy to help grow our business by 10x or more year on year.
- Developing and executing the New Business & Growth Strategy for the department.
- Building scalable, efficient processes that enable rigorous closing of deals.
- Building and growing capacity and capability in the team to deliver on growth initiatives and achieve targets.
- Ensuring that our current client relationships flourish, while zealously pursuing new relationships.
- Strictly managing and increasing focus and cadence on the Ozow pipeline.
- Utilising strong interpersonal skills, business judgment and collaboration skills to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Having a data-driven mentality that leads to the improvement, implementation and scalability of sales activities and plans.
- Focusing on building, mentoring, and developing a world-class team; that is focused on effective, sustainable growth.
- Surpassing the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth. Set new bars of performance and help guide and improve the team.
- Researching and analyse target industries to identify enterprise-level leads and select target organisations for pursuit.
- Developing relationships within target organisations, understand their pain-points and goals, then co-create options to improve their results using your offerings.
- Proposing value-based solutions, while orchestrating various coaches, blockers, supporters, influencers, and decision-makers within the target organisation towards acceptance and selection of your solution.
- Shaping and proposing competitive, value-based, and profitable commercial deals.
- Leading and coordinate contract negotiations to a successful close.
- Building and maintain long-term relationships with client C-Suite and their management teams by providing information, guidance, and support; recommending service and profit improvements; and recommending new opportunities.
- As a Head of Department, preparing performance reports for the relevant stakeholders in the business.
- Defining, measuring and being accountable for the key metrics for Ozow’s sales pipeline.
- Leading and managing a High-Performance Sales function.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or a relevant field.
- 10+ years experience in a similar role.
- Payment industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of business development and growth techniques and best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of creating, implementing and evolving Best Sales Cycle practices for a scaling organisation.
- Proven track record in acquiring Enterprise scale deals.
- Experience in leading and managing teams.
- Capacity to manage various projects and teams, across locations; and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
In office perks
- Healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- Workplace Concierge (Cape Town)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
Sounds good? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!