What to expect
We are looking for a Test Analyst who will be required to design, develop, and execute test strategies, test plans, and test cases to ensure the integrity and quality of the software remain intact before changes are deployed to the staging and production environments. You will efficiently perform these tasks throughout each development iteration and communicate effectively with team members to ensure issues are understood and resolved as quickly as possible.
You will need to be able to multi-task and must also have exceptional organisation skills as you will have to work with the development team to coordinate deployments. You will also be responsible for periodic regression testing of production systems to identify any potential bugs and to ensure the system is functioning correctly.
You will need to have experience with or have an aptitude to learn automated testing, load and performance testing.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A minimum of 2 Years’ Experience
- An ISEB or ISTQB Certification (Foundation) [Not negotiable]
- A 3-year IT Diploma or Degree, or equivalent
- At least 2 years' work-related experience
- Experience working with technologies such as Postman, Selenium, Appium, Karate (advantage)
- Experience working in the Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Exposure to load or performance testing (advantage)
- Proficiency in software testing techniques, testing tools, incident/defect tracking systems and other test-support tools.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Create and execute test plans within the Agile environment.
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation and other projects documentation to map functional requirements to test cases and ensure quality of delivery.
- Manage testing throughout the sprint including risk-based testing and prioritization.
- Automate manual tests for both UI applications and APIs.
- Documentation and execution of acceptance, regression, functional and stress testing.
- Liaise with stakeholders to resolve test issues and application enhancements.
- Design and create test scripts to address areas such as software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
In office perks
- Healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- Workplace Concierge (Cape Town)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
Sounds good? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!