Head of Infrastructure
What to expect
Ozow is a young, exciting company which continues to reach new heights and the opportunities for growth are endless at this moment. We have several new projects we are eager to get off the ground and need your experience and expertise to make it happen.
If you are looking for a fast paced environment where your input is valued and makes a difference, then embark on a journey of a lifetime with the rest of the Ozow team.
If you are not a seasoned, cross-platform infrastructure specialist with the scars to prove it, or don’t enjoy learning and working with the bleeding-edge tech – this might not be job for you.
What the job entails
- Web & Application servers (Windows and Linux)
- Database platforms (MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, ELK stack)
- Strong understanding of virtualisation, Docker containers, Kubernetes
- Load balancing and service meshes
- Highly available systems, multi-site hosting
- Replication of code, content and data
- Ensuring QOS with large-scale, internet facing applications
- Good understanding of networking and how the web works
- In depth experience and understanding of cloud services – epsecially AWS and Azure.
- Management of platform operations - platform stability, uptime, and security.
- Quality control and first-level response and escalations,
- Developing and maintaining the strategic direction of the technology platform ensuring that the architecture supports the business strategy and provides best quality-of-service for our customers.
- Spearhead the DevOps competency working with development teams to deploy application updates frequently with low risk
- Line management of a team of DevSecOps engineers with a focus on automation, security, and infrastructure support.
- At least five years of work-related experience
- Experience working closely in with a development team and within agile methodologies
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Strong leadership skills
- Big picture thinking and a willingness to get involved
- Ability to work under pressure, quickly and accurately
- Someone who is well organised and has a proven track record in working with high-volume, internet facing applications.
- A thorough understanding of the workings of the internet, web applications, Layer 2 networking, distributed infrastructure and virtualisation (including the large cloud services) is important
- Proven knowledge in solution architecture of distributed systems
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, Redis, Postgresql
- Proficient in both Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of and competency in applying security best practices, especially in a PCI certified environment.
- Understands the fundamentals of how the web works, and how to architect infrastructure to handle web scale.
- Good understanding of managed cloud services and how to effectively utilise them
In office perks
- Healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- Workplace Concierge (Cape Town)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
Sounds good? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!