What to expect
We are looking for a creative, data-driven and process-oriented Content Strategist to support the Ozow Marketing function by taking ownership of the brand’s social media pages and organic content strategy. The position requires someone with a track record of implementing an organic social media and content strategy that results in increased brand engagement and enhanced social media presence.
Your roles and responsibilities
- Holistic content strategy and management across Ozow’s owned channels including social media, Podcast, Google My Business.
- Social media page management involves keeping all Ozow social media pages up to date with relevant content and information. You will be responsible for scheduling and posting content, updating descriptions and page info, and performing relevant searches to share on the Ozow platforms.
- Organic content ideation. The social media strategy has an organic component for each channel which you will be responsible for executing. This involves researching content ideas that align with the brand and working with the relevant Ozow team members to jump on trending topics to elevate the brand's presence on social media.
- Reporting on key organic page metrics such as sentiment, page growth, organic reach, and engagement and lead conversion.
- Community management across all digital marketing channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, Google business profile). This involves responding to queries and complaints but also being the voice of Ozow on social media channels.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Proven experience as a Content Strategist, Content Manager, or a similar role in content marketing
- Familiarity with Content Management systems and social media platforms
- Photography or Videography skills is advantageous
- Portfolio of past content strategy work and successful campaigns is a plus
In office perks
- Healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- Workplace Concierge (Cape Town)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
Sounds good? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!