AWS SysOps Administrator
What to expect
Ozow is looking for an AWS Sysops Administrator to assist the technical team with provisioning, securing, automating, monitoring and running their mostly web-based application workloads in our AWS environments. We are looking for a person with both Linux and Windows experience.
We primarily run web application workloads in cloud hosted infrastructure with a huge drive to go more serverless (e.g. AWS Lambda / Azure Functions) and move to containerisation (Docker / Kubernetes). This role will focus on our AWS hosted infrastructure which includes Kubernetes clusters running in EKS, Linux and Windows workloads, MS SQL and Postgres RDS databases, AWS WAF, Shield, Firewall Manager as well as others.
- An IT diploma or degree
- At least 3 years work-related experience
- Experience as a Cloud Engineer / System Admin working in AWS
- Linux and Windows system admin experience
- The ability to learn new things quickly, and conversely to let go of old ideas / tech just as quick
- The ability to work independently.
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Kubernetes (with EKS)
- PCI Compliance
- ISO 27001 Compliance
- AWS Sysops Administrator Certification
In office perks
- Healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- Workplace Concierge (Cape Town)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
Sounds good? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!