Head of Product
What to expect
Ozow is seeking an unconventional, visionary, and driven Head of Product. As a Head of Product, you will serve as a senior member of our management team and own the product roadmap, positioning, and go-to-market strategy for Ozow products and the evolution of product lines.
You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises, and understand how our platform can help take their cloud adoption to the next level. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge, work across teams, and make a significant impact.
You will be a role model for boundary-less collaboration. You will work together with many internal and external stakeholders to translate market insight into features and roadmap, support product marketing to develop messaging and promotional content, drive product launches and adoption programs, and enable business development, solution architecture, sales and partners.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in product management for B2B solutions plus at least 3 years in related fields such as product marketing, technical marketing, technical pre-sales, consulting, training.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business, or a relevant field of study.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of management responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services.
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- You should also be a strong leader and negotiator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Develop product and solution requirements, working backwards from the customer with primary focus on cross product experiences.
- Manage our best-in-class team of product managers.
- Identify target market segments, segment sizing and ideal B2B customer targets, and design forward-thinking positioning approaches for each segment.
- Define solution value propositions for targeted categories, industries or workloads and be accountable for the overall go to market plan, including the revenue forecasts, adoption goals, packaging, pricing/licensing, and partner/ecosystem strategies.
- Build core content and compelling assets to articulate buyer value, industry use cases, competitive differentiation, and benchmarking (customer case studies, videos, whitepapers, sales plays, presentations, how to guides, comparison tools, and more).
- Execute and track experiments to build community and grow consumption of services, including innovative pricing/packaging approaches, special offers, promotions, and customer adoption programs.
- Support marketing in building core content and website/promotional materials.
- Monitor the results of product launches, marketing campaigns to reach target audiences effectively.
- Establish customer and sales feedback loops to synthesize feedback and consolidate feature requests, providing category/industry/workload specific requirements to engineering and driving follow-up actions and communications.
- Work effectively across Ozow with groups such as Commercial, Client Success, Solutions Architects to achieve business goals.
In office perks
- Free healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Free healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town and still to launch in Johannesburg)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town)
- Workplace Concierge (Cape Town)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Ozow Cookbook
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
Sounds good? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!