Junior Product Owner
What to expect
As a Junior Product Owner, you will play a vital role in driving the development and enhancement of our payment products, ensuring we deliver exceptional user experiences and stay ahead in the competitive fintech industry.
As a Junior Product Owner, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, user experience designers, and business stakeholders, to translate customer needs and business requirements into actionable product features. You will be responsible for assisting in the end-to-end product development lifecycle, from ideation to release. This role requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication abilities to effectively prioritize and manage product backlogs.
- Product Vision and Strategy: Assist in defining and refining the product vision and strategy, considering market trends, customer feedback, and business goals.
- Requirements Gathering and Analysis: Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and document product requirements, ensuring they align with customer needs and business objectives.
- User Story Development: Create clear, concise, and actionable user stories and acceptance criteria that effectively communicate product requirements to the development team.
- Product Backlog Management: Prioritize and maintain the product backlog, ensuring it is up-to-date, properly groomed, and aligned with product goals.
- Agile Development: Participate in Agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, backlog refinement, and sprint reviews, actively contributing to the development process and making sure deliverables meet quality standards.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with development teams, designers, QA analysts, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth execution of product initiatives.
- Release Management: Collaborate with the development team to plan and coordinate product releases, ensuring timely delivery and effective communication to all relevant parties.
- User Experience (UX) Advocacy: Advocate for exceptional user experiences, conducting user research, usability testing, and gathering feedback to continually improve the product. Competitive Analysis: Monitor industry trends and competitors, providing insights to drive product innovation and differentiation.
- Product Documentation: Prepare and maintain product documentation, including user guides, release notes, and feature documentation.
- Product reporting: Management of product reporting in terms of product metrics and performance as well as progress reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a product management, product owner, or related role, preferably in a fast-paced technology or fintech company.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand complex business and technical requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively collaborate and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and experience working in Agile/Scrum development environments.
- Knowledge of the fintech industry, specifically payments systems, is highly desirable.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented mindset, with a focus on delivering high-quality products that meet customer expectations.
- Experience with product management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, or similar platforms.
- Passion for innovation, staying up-to-date with the latest technology trends and industry developments.
In office perks
- Healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- Workplace Concierge (Cape Town)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
Sounds good? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!