Senior DevOps Engineer
What to expect
Ozow is looking for a Senior DevOps engineer that has experience designing and implementing DevOps solutions to assist the technical team with securing, automating, monitoring and running their mostly web-based application workloads. We are looking for a person with both Linux and Windows experience, who has a passion for automation to help the technical team move faster by enabling them and guiding them where necessary (e.g. automation / security / infrastructure setup / serverless applications).
You should have mentoring abilities, with the ability to liaise and interact with development teams, QA teams as well as other DevOps engineers. The ability to deliver value while adhering to best practises and stay abreast of industry developments are key.
We primarily run web application workloads in cloud hosted infrastructure with a huge drive to go more serverless (e.g. AWS Lambda / Azure Functions) and run workloads using container orchestration (Kubernetes / AWS ECS).
- An IT diploma or degree
- At least 5 years work-related experience
- Experience automating development pipelines using tools such as Jenkins / Team City / AppVeyor / Octopus Deploy / AWS Code Deploy
- Experience with cloud hosted infrastructure
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes / ECS)
- Cloudformation / Terraform
- Security - Network Security (Firewalls, Anti-Virus) and Application security (e.g. Defending against the OWASP Top 10)
- Serverless applications (e.g. AWS Lambda / AWS API Gateway / Azure Functions)
- Linux and Windows Sys Admin and hosting (e.g. nginx / IIS)
In office perks
- Free healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Free healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town and still to launch in Johannesburg)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town)
- Workplace Concierge (Cape Town)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Ozow Cookbook
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
Sounds good? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!