Software Development Manager
What to expect
As the Software Development Manager, you will need to be well-versed in product development and strategy, but also in programming fundamentals and methodologies. The job will require researching and developing new products and modifications to existing software to improve the overall efficiencies of payment product offering. You will need to build and lead teams of engineers ranging from senior to junior, developing applications for various platforms.
As one of Ozow’s esteemed technical leaders, you would be working in an agile environment and co-create the product roadmap. You will need to provide technical leadership to multiple team of developers, and help them deliver on sprint commitments. The role is overarching, caretaking the entire development cycle and the people in involved in it. The environment is entrepreneurial with a start-up culture, where everyone engages in the product development cycle.
You’ll need to bring your skills to the table so that the team can collectively benefit from your input. To do so, you should have a track record of implementing best practices such as continuous integration, test-driven development, and continuous deployment, and demonstrated skills on team management and mentorship as well as successful delivery of software projects under tight deadlines. You will need to show a strong knowledge of card rails product development, user experience, marketing and SEO, and be able to build and improve products that improve and support the core payment systems.
- 10+ years in software development experience.
- A proven work experience (5+ years) as a Senior technical leader.
- A relevant IT Diploma or Degree.
- Experience working with agile methodologies – a true believer.
- A strong understanding of payment solutions, particularly in the traditional payment space, and the development thereof.
- Extensive experience of the payment industry gained through vendor, retailer, bank or a card scheme.
- Extensive experience of payment technology implementations, especially traditional payment based projects.
- Excellent knowledge of Postgres, Mssql technologies (EF, NHibernate)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Redis, Riak, MongoDB, and others.
- Experience in cloud services preferred – AWS, Azure.
- Experience with containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Appveyor) highly beneficial.
In office perks
- Free healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (Cape Town)
- Free healthy lunches and snacks (Johannesburg)
- Free laundry service (Cape Town and still to launch in Johannesburg)
- Monthly socials (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
- On-site Barista (Cape Town)
- Workplace Concierge (Cape Town)
- Ozow Library (Cape Town)
- Ozow Playroom (Cape Town)
Perks for South African based employees
- Medical aid subsidy (permanent staff)
- Group Risk Insurance (permanent staff)
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Health and Wellness Assistance
- Gym / Fitness sessions
- Ozow Cookbook
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentorship programme
- Community initiatives
- Quarterly team retreats and annual company retreats
- Employee gifting
- Access to cutting edge technology
Sounds good? Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Interested in joining our rocket ship?
To find out more about life at Ozow, head over to our Careers Page here!