Breaker / Streamer - Sports Cards
Overtime builds disruptive new sports leagues aimed globally at the next generation of sports fans and athletes. Overtime owns and operates, OTE in basketball and OT7 in football, and leverages digital-first content across its network of accounts engaging its community of over 65 million fans and followers. Overtime's business model is driven by sponsorships, brand relationships, e-commerce, licensing and media rights.
SPORTS CARD BREAKER / STREAMER
Reports to: Editor in Chief, Overtime
The Breaker is the center of entertainment for our live stream and the most critical aspect of our sales team! Responsible for creating sports card breaks and products, directly interacting with our live audience, achieving daily sales goals by executing company policies and procedures, and performing related work as required; it is their job to ensure they carry out successful live streams while providing our customers with exceptional service and satisfaction!
While the Breaker works under the supervision of the Editor in Chief and follows established policies and procedures, the Breaker is expected to apply initiative and creativity in driving sales and profits. The Breaker studies product sales and inventory to familiarize themselves with what our customers are buying to maximize productivity. The Breaker determines what products to sell on a given day and is capable of interchanging breaks if need be based on customer interest. The Breaker must ensure that sales and customer service standards are met while taking action on sales opportunities.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive sales by analyzing customer preferences. Identifies which products are/are not selling and initiates product generation based on the flow of the live stream.
- Leads the Overtime stream in conducting contests, giveaways and promotions.
- Analyzes sales trends by using all available resources. Consistently communicates product needs to ensure appropriate product mix.
- Maintains and controls product sales to ensure profitability.
- Ensures adherence to all company policies and procedures. Models appropriate behavior at all times. Follows Terms & Conditions for all social media platforms in use.
- Ensures that all aspects of inventory integrity occur (receiving, price changes, product updates, and discounts).
- Strives to continually increase personal product knowledge. Through observation and interaction, analyzes customer interest in regard to product knowledge and develops an action plan for further development based on customer needs.
- Actively shops competition to maintain awareness of strategies, developments and opportunities. Identifies areas of opportunity to increase store sales based on observed trends.
- The Breaker establishes a positive, professional, sales and profit-oriented atmosphere, and always leads by setting the appropriate example.
- Shows fairness, good judgment, and consistency in decision making and delegation of responsibilities between themselves and the assistant.
Who You Are:
- Possesses excellent knowledge of sports and sports related content.
- Knowledgeable about sports card brands, products, history, and the overall marketplace
- Highly organized. Capable of using basic google documents such as Sheets, Docs, Forms and Calendar.
- Must utilize communication platforms used by all employees. (company email provided at time of hiring, Slack).
- Exhibits awareness, sense of urgency and organization.
- Strong communicator
- Quick thinker and calm under pressure
- Understands and can represent Overtime’s voice
In accordance with our policy, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Overtime will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.
Something looks off?