Overtime builds disruptive new sports leagues aimed globally at the next generation of sports fans and athletes. Overtime owns and operates, OTE in basketball and OT7 in football, and leverages digital-first content across its network of accounts engaging its community of over 65 million fans and followers. Overtime's business model is driven by sponsorships, brand relationships, e-commerce, licensing and media rights.
As an Operations Coordinator, you will be based in our 103,000 square foot Overtime Elite Arena (and office) in Atlanta, Georgia. This role will be focused on supporting workplace operations, team building experiences for our Atlanta based employees, and more. Together with the Operations/Tech team, People team and others, you will help create positive experiences for our staff in Atlanta, visiting staff in town, VIP guests who attend our live events, etc. You will report to a manager on the Operations team based in Overtime’s Headquarters in NYC, and this role may include the opportunity to travel 1-2 times per year for training and special internal events.
What you'll do:
This role would include the following and more:
- Contribute to the culture by managing a fun, welcoming and positive work environment that is also extremely organized, clean and efficient
- Assist with welcoming new employees on their first day by providing a tour of the office/arena and introducing them to fellow teammates
- Support the Tech and Operations team with new hire desk assignments, desk setups, and visitor desk management
- Update and maintain a shared internal document that provides basic office information
- Conceptualize, organize and manage internal events that help unite teammates in Atlanta. Also help support broader workplace experience efforts that connect everyone at the entire company. This would include supporting internal communications and team announcements.
- Support day to day in-office operations and staff requests by troubleshooting and fielding questions, anticipating staff needs and proactively addressing problems before they arise
- Help maintain an office supplies inventory, support restocking supplies throughout the building as needed, and run office/events related errands
- Serve as a point person for visitors and VIPs by greeting them, leading building tours, and supporting live events to guide them to their seats and the VIP guest suites
- Build relationships with teammates - learn as much as possible to understand the organization - and lead by being a champion of culture
- Your job could include special projects and tasks based on whatever the company needs. This may include assisting with scheduling, submitting expense reimbursements, organizing volunteer opportunities in the community, interacting with Overtime’s fans online or during live events within the arena, and other projects as needed.
- You may be asked to pitch new ideas related to improving the office, tech, desk setups, internal communication, team events and anything else – with the goals of creating and curating a positive culture and maintaining a safe and fun work environment.
Who you are:
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience is strongly preferred. If you have more, please still apply and tell us why this role is a perfect fit.
- Any experience related to operations, community building, office administration, customer service and/or related experience is preferred
- Startup experience is a MAJOR bonus
- You’re extremely kind, outgoing and able to stay calm under pressure
- You’re willing and able to work onsite in the office Monday through Friday on average with the potential of minimal weekend work, depending on Overtime Elite’s live events schedule
- Team player - you're a people person with a positive attitude and eager to work with teammates across the entire company
- Hyper organized - you’re meticulous about order and managing details
- Love to multitask - you're able to manage priorities and you're eager to work on multiple projects at a time
- You're a DOER - you're a proactive problem solver and believe no task is too small when it comes to helping the company and the team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Flexibility to adjust to new tasks as company or workplace needs change
- A creative thinker with an ability to suggest improvements
- May require lifting boxes 10-20 pounds or more
- Familiarity with Google Business Accounts, including Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, Docs and Sheets is preferred
- You enjoy a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Passion for sports is a plus. You don’t need to be obsessed with sports, but you should care about what Overtime is building and the opportunity to positively impact millions of people online and tens of thousands in person through our live events in Atlanta.
In accordance with our policy, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Overtime will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of personal information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as candidate for potential or future employment or other types of positions, record keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies.
Something looks off?