Director of Sales (Southern CA)
Nativo is the storytelling platform where brands and publishers can distribute brand stories at scale while gaining more insights about their content than anywhere else. Nativo's mission is to equip advertising for the age of content, improve the web experience, and create meaningful connections for today's digital consumer. For brands, Nativo enables storytelling at scale with the largest native reach and reveals insights that unlock return-on-content. For publishers, Nativo enriches monetization with the most comprehensive platform for next-generation ad formats and breakthrough technology for accelerated webpages.
At Nativo, our values are more than words—we live them through the way we work and collaborate. We are innovators and risk takers driven by curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit to architect the future of advertising. The key to our success is connection through close communication, teamwork and a shared company culture that reflects the diversity of our clients, our communities and ourselves.
About the Role
Nativo is on the hunt for a motivated Director of Sales to join our West region team who shares a passion and belief in the value of storytelling and content marketing. Our platform unites content, scale, measurement, and insights that is highly differentiated and unique. As a Director of Sales, you'll be an individual contributor, responsible for hitting your quota and driving sales within your assigned list of accounts. Your role will involve educating clients and prospects about the value of a story-first strategy, nurturing client relationships, and delivering tailored native/content marketing solutions to both direct clients and agencies. We’re looking for sales professionals that believe in the value of education, information, entertainment, and delivering value to audiences rather than simply targeting them with marketing messages.
What You'll Do
- Consistently meet or exceed yearly quotas
- Identify new business opportunities with both media buying agencies and clients directly
- Consult with clients on their marketing needs; creatively design and execute comprehensive content marketing initiatives through the Nativo platform
- Demo Nativo’s suite of solutions and product updates
- Develop account strategies to drive long term revenue growth, develop requests for proposal responses and programs, and drive upfront media buying
- Generate a high volume of sales related activity including calls/meetings, presentations, proposals, and client entertainment
- Build strategic level relationships with clients and agencies and generate high level campaign ideation to meet client goals and objectives
- Travel to various client sites within your territory
- Stay in-the-know on all industry innovations and challenges and consult clients and prospects on how to solve for them.
What You Need
- 7+ years of experience in advertising sales, marketing, media, programmatic, and interactive
- Knowledge/Experience of native advertising, content marketing, ad tech platforms, brand storytelling, audience targeting, and optimization strategies, applied across all screens
- Expertise and a strong POV on specific advertising verticals
- Client direct and agency selling experience with both managed and programmatic programs required
- Strong contacts within the industry and in your territory
- Strong understanding of the programmatic landscape
- Must be highly motivated and a team player
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to manage large volume of prospecting activity (outbound calls, client meetings, proposals, etc.)
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Proficient in MS Office & CRM Software
- BA/BS degree required, MBA a plus
Nativo is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The starting pay range for this role is $140,000 - $160,000. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years’ experience, certifications, and specific location. The starting pay range may differ by location.
The total rewards package for this position may also include an annual performance bonus, stock options, and benefits (which may differ by country). For additional information, please visit our careers page.
We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. When we work together, we achieve amazing things, and our differences are what make our products and company great. Our core values guide our work, our interactions and the unique talents and perspectives each team member brings to the table.
Nativo is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Nativo considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Nativo is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace environment where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.