People Operations Associate
People & HR, Operations
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
Narmi is how community financial institutions unlock the very latest capabilities in digital banking and account opening – so they can move faster, tap new growth opportunities, and be where banking is going. Since our founding, Narmi has moved billions of dollars and opened hundreds of thousands of accounts for banks and credit unions across the US. As a result, our customers have seen meaningful increases in deposits, revenues, and happy customers. In fact, one of the first financial institutions to leverage Narmi was recognized by Bankrate and NerdWallet for providing the #1 digital experience for a bank or credit union in the US.
About the People Team:
The People Operations team is dedicated to nurturing and supporting our employees throughout their journey at Narmi. Our team is deeply passionate about the people who make up our company, striving to create an environment where every individual feels valued and supported. Just as customers are essential to Narmi, our employees are the backbone of Narmi. We prioritize their needs, ensuring they are at the center of our operations and initiatives.
This position will report into the Senior Manager, People Operations and will play a critical role in supporting the People Ops function and Narmi employees. This role requires availability to work in-person 2-3 times a week.
What you'll do:
- Own the onboarding process end to end while providing white-glove support to incoming new joiners.
- Own data entry for I-9 forms (Workbright), Justworks, Checkr, and other onboarding platforms and maintain meticulous digital records of personnel-related data and personnel files to ensure employment compliance
- Organize and support new hire orientation and own the onboarding calendar.
- Assign and manage mandated employee and manager trainings in Justworks.
- Manage employee processes and programs; such as, performance review cycles, leave administration, benefits/enrollment, employee resource groups, L&D programming, annual engagement and quarterly pulse surveys, etc.
- Manage Narmi’s yearly social calendar from ideation to execution.
- Conduct employee trainings periodically on HR systems, processes or general information; such as, 15Five, Justworks, benefits open enrollment, ancillary benefits, etc.
- Provide support in coordinating accommodations, including but not limited to hotel, flights, transportation, and meals for remote employees and on-site clients/guests.
- Own and oversee the day-to-day maintenance of our NoMad office; such as, restocking snacks and beverages, bathroom essentials, visitation, keycard management, etc.
- Become a subject matter expert on Narmi’s employee handbook, policies, and benefits and provide policy driven guidance to managers and employees as needed. The People Operations Associate should become a trusted and reliable liaison in providing accurate and up to date information to employees.
- Be able to generate ad-hoc reports on quantitative data and people metrics as needed.
What you'll bring:
- Degree in Human Resources or Human Capital Management preferred
- 2 - 3 years of HR experience; performance management, benefits administration, and/or leave management a plus.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws; such as, FLSA, FMLA, etc.
- Ability to create, analyze and interpret HR metrics and data and generate reports or decks for internal stakeholder review; proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets a plus
- Have strong organizational and detail-oriented skills - the small details matter to you, whether it’s a written policy or a deck you’re building.
- Self-sufficient and can self-manage your workload to ensure that you are completing work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines (without sacrificing quality).
- Strong communication skills when unexpected things happen or when plans change.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a quick-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively engage with employees at all levels of the organization, including clearly communicating HR initiatives and policies in a positive and collaborative way.
- Must be able to lift more than 20 lbs.
- Demonstrate a high level of discretion and sound judgment, ensuring the strict maintenance of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
The expected annual base salary for this role is $85,000 - $100,000. Base salary is only part of your total compensation. In addition to base salary, you will receive an equity option grant, and are eligible for performance-based cash and equity bonuses. Compensation included in an offer will be commensurate with the candidate’s skills, experience and geographic location. Compensation ranges for candidates located outside of New York City may differ. You will also receive a full benefits package.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups.
Please note that all correspondence related to this role will come directly from Narmi (email addresses ending in @narmi.com or @narmitech.com), and not a third party. If you receive correspondence from an individual claiming to represent Narmi please let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org