Software Engineer II - Platform
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Narmi is how community financial institutions unlock the very latest capabilities in digital banking and account opening – so they can move faster, tap new growth opportunities, and be where banking is going. Since our founding, Narmi has moved billions of dollars and opened hundreds of thousands of accounts for banks and credit unions across the US. As a result, our customers have seen meaningful increases in deposits, revenues, and happy customers. In fact, one of the first financial institutions to leverage Narmi was recognized by Bankrate and NerdWallet for providing the #1 digital experience for a bank or credit union in the US.
About the Platform Engineering team:
The Platform team is responsible for the overall integrity of Narmi's account and transaction data, as well as building and maintaining the code that connects Narmi's software to core banking systems. Engineers on the Platform team work to unify a wide variety of complex banking systems into simple, developer-friendly APIs that make basic banking operations reliable and performant. A Platform engineer may find themselves implementing real-time transaction alerts, improving the reliability of transfers over unreliable network links, or investigating the details of how payments are settled in practice against a financial institution's ledgers.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of professional software engineering experience
- Hard working, agile, and a top performer
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience focused on backend development
- Located or willing to work in New York City
- United States citizen or authorized to work in the United States
- 5 or more years of professional software engineering experience
- Advanced proficiency in some of the following: Python (especially Django or DRF), Terraform, Ansible, or Linux administration
- Experience at a startup or financial technology firm
The expected annual base salary for this role is $120,000 - $135,000. Base salary is only part of your total compensation. In addition to base salary, you will receive an equity option grant, and are eligible for performance-based cash and equity bonuses. Compensation included in an offer will be commensurate with the candidate’s skills, experience and geographic location. Compensation ranges for candidates located outside of New York City may differ. You will also receive a full benefits package.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups.
Please note that all correspondence related to this role will come directly from Narmi (email addresses ending in @narmi.com or @narmitech.com), and not a third party. If you receive correspondence from an individual claiming to represent Narmi please let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org