Staff Software Engineer 1 (Frontend) - Open Finance
Life at MX
We are driven by our moral imperative to advance mankind - and it all starts with our people, product and purpose. We always carry a deep sense of drive and passion with us. If you thrive in a challenging work environment, surrounded by incredible team members who will help you grow, MX is the right place for you.
Come build with us and be part of an award-winning company that’s helping create meaningful and lasting change in the financial industry.
Staff Software Engineer 1 (Frontend) - Open Finance
MX makes financial data accessible and actionable for everyone. Our mission is to empower the world to be financially strong. We do this by building the largest open finance ecosystem to help drive innovation and improve experiences through secure and reliable access to financial data. The MX ecosystem connects more than 13,000 financial institutions and FinTechs with a combined reach of more than 200 million consumers.
MX provides the most trusted and reliable open finance APIs to unlock the value of financial data.
Our current offerings are focused on:
- Connectivity: Securely connecting to and verifying consumer financial data.
- Data: Making financial data actionable with context, cleansing, and categorization.
- Experience: Delivering personalized digital and mobile money experiences that drive growth
Our software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with their finances. The MX Intelligence platform is the first fully open, interoperable Open Banking platform in the U.S., enabling financial institutions to launch and scale FDX APIs that are accessible to all financial aggregators, not just MX. Our team’s goal is to accelerate the adoption of consumer-permissioned data sharing across the industry. This will not only improve security and experience for end-users, it will also allow financial institutions to get a real-time, 360-degree view of their customers’ data sharing. Equipped with this new insight, financial institutions can identify personalized offers and products to improve user acquisition, retention and ultimately, financial outcomes.
You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. As a core participant of your team, you’ll estimate engineering efforts, design your changes, implement and test your changes, deploy your code to the public cloud, and maintain a robust, highly-observable production environment. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, enthusiastic, and curious as you build new experiences, improve existing products, and develop distributed systems powering the world to be financially strong.
- Build, test, deploy, and support frontend code for MX Open Finance products
- Lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices
- Enforce clean code and excellent coding practices by conducting thoughtful code reviews
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers to meet and exceed customer needs in the simplest possible ways
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware, network, or service operations and quality
- Drive system architecture discussions and technical design reviews to ensure the scalability, reliability, and security of the front-end application code
- Lead projects and initiatives to implement high quality systems and products
- Mentor, coach, and support engineers on the team, with a strong focus on feedback and growth
- Demonstrate empathy for the client perspective and champion solutions that reduce (client) developer friction
- Embody the MX values: purposeful contribution, exuberance for life, founder mindset, foundation of trust, objectivity in discourse, cognizance, and iterative innovation
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of related experience; or master’s degree and 8 years of related experience; or PhD with 5 years related experience
- Experience with professional software development in one or more programming languages with data structures or algorithms
- 3 year of experience with software design and architecture
- Experience with automated testing frameworks, such as Cypress
Advanced Job Requirements (not required)
- Experience with building and running containerized applications
- Experience with Cloud, especially GCP
- Ruby on Rails experience is a plus
At MX, we prioritize flexible working arrangements, which allows us to attract top talent, provide improved work-life balance, and increase productivity. Our flex philosophy is centered on trust, responsibility, and communication. Our team members enjoy a balance of remote work and monthly in-person collaboration meetings. Travel expectations are about 15%, and the company covers travel expenses for remote employees. Local employees are encouraged to utilize in-office time on a weekly basis.
Both local and remote employees can take advantage of our incredible office space with onsite perks like company-paid meals, onsite massage therapist, golf simulator, and meditation room, to name a few.
The expected on-target earnings (OTE), which is comprised of a base salary and other forms of cash compensation, such as bonus or commissions is currently $165,000 - $180,000.
This pay range is just one component of MX's total rewards package. MX takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location, skillset, peer compensation.
MX is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, military or veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We particularly welcome applications from veterans and military spouses. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. You may request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.