Marketing Strategy Director
We are seeking a highly motivated and revenue-minded marketer to join our Marketing Strategy team at Metadata. This role offers a unique opportunity to work with B2B clients and drive meaningful results by leveraging Metadata, a cutting-edge digital advertising platform. In this role, you will work closely with our clients assisting them with their board-level growth strategy by building or refining their digital marketing programs, ensuring their successful execution, and helping them navigate the change management from native channels to Metadata. This will require a blend of hands-on execution, internal resource management of junior marketers, and teaching clients (or their agency partners) how to effectively execute plays that drive real results. The ideal candidate will have an ownership mindset and will be excited to partner with other marketers throughout their entire customer journey with us, helping our sales team to identify modern marketers through upsell and renewal.
- Utilize your expertise in digital advertising to manage annual ad budgets for customers ranging from $250k to $12M.
- Collaborate closely with clients, helping them transition to Metadata while delivering exceptional white-glove service through building and maintaining strong client relationships while acting as their main point of contact.
- Develop, execute, audit, and measure the progress of comprehensive digital strategies that prioritize revenue over vanity metrics
- Lead client-facing calls to ensure alignment, provide strategic guidance, and best practices supported by benchmark data
- Leverage existing playbooks, industry best practices, and your own creativity to implement innovative approaches to meet client business objectives
- Analyze a client’s funnel metrics to identify performance issues and proactively remediate them or persuasively present your recommendations to clients and adapt them to work within their organizational constraints
- Challenge marketers to embrace economic drivers for their businesses and discuss financial matters
- Navigate the renewal process by assisting in building a business case, negotiation, procurement, and execution of client agreements, with the supporting resources at your disposal
- Proven experience in paid media/digital advertising for B2B. Must be a confident subject-matter expert and have the ability to manage large ad budgets effectively.
- Experience building demand models and/or presenting business cases to secure budgets for media, technology, or agency-like services
- Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt to varying levels of skill and seniority across functions (marketing, sales, finance, ops, leadership)
- Able to respectfully challenge C-Suite executives when supported by data
- A keen focus on ROI and revenue-driven strategies, and comfortable discussing financial aspects and negotiating expectations with clients
- Be, or be willing to become, a Metadata power user and willing to train others to follow in your path
- Availability to work full-time in PT, MT, CT, or ET time zones.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Prior experience with Metadata as a user.
- Familiarity with the Challenger Sales Model
- Knowledge of digital advertising trends and emerging technologies
- Experience in conducting product training and educating clients on platform benefits
- Proven ability to secure case studies, customer references, and quotes
- Bachelor's degree
- Travel required as necessary, roughly 10-15% for in-person customer meetings, training, company offsites, and relationship-building activities.
- Fast and reliable internet required
- Comfortable with MacOS
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Work from Anywhere!
- Flexible PTO & Company Holidays
- Opportunity to earn equity
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
As an employee of the Metadata and an integral part of the greater company team, you will align with and be a champion of our Core Values which are authenticity, transparency, accountability, challenging the status quo, embracing diversity, having a growth mindset all while having fun and putting our people first! Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally. We are on a mission to build not only the greatest product but also the best place to work!
Metadata is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees & and contractors. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and experiences to join our diverse and talented team.