Supervising Producer (Los Angeles, California) - Weekly Content
Lemonada Media is seeking a full-time supervising producer to join the weekly team behind hit shows like Wiser Than Me with Julia Louis-Dreyfus, The Sarah Silverman Podcast, Choice Words with Samantha Bee, Add to Cart with Kulap Vilaysack and SuChin Pak, Funny Cuz It’s True with Elyse Myers, and more. You’re a creative audio producer who is skilled at crafting existing shows and developing new ones. You are comfortable working with high-profile talent both remotely and in person. In this role, you will lead and mentor a small team of producers and engineers. You will produce always-on talk shows often in the Los Angeles area.. We are seeking someone who has a great ear, can run complex production schedules, and loves the challenge and energy of producing weekly talk shows. Lemonada is a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment, and you’ll play a key role in creating our content. The role will report directly to the SVP of Weekly Content and Production.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and mentor a small team responsible for booking, prep, pre-production, production, and post-production on a number of always-on podcasts
- Take a leading role in producing the shows, coordinating production details, running recordings virtually and on-site in Los Angeles (or elsewhere), and leading post-production.
- Own and manage complex production schedules while managing workflow and division of labor
- Lead high-end production to ensure top-notch audio and a positive experience for hosts and guests
- Identify strong tape from raw audio and assemble episodes using ProTools while mentoring junior staff members to learn the ins and outs of assembly
- Manage booking and external outreach on each show in your slate
- Conduct guest pre-interviews and prep hosts to conduct stellar interviews
- Ensure each episode is produced on time, quality-controlled, and distributed effectively with appropriate ads in place
- Direct host voiceover sessions and ad recordings
- Collaborate on the development and piloting of new weekly programming
- Coordinate with ad ops team on tracking and cutting of ads alongside other producers
- Collaborate with hosts and marketing team to craft compelling show titles and descriptions each week
- Work with social media and marketing teams to support publication and audience growth efforts, including providing audio, images, and video for each episode
- Manage show budgets, fast-paced workflow, and production staff
- Some weekend and night work will be required, based on host availability
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with various Lemonada teams, including marketing and operations
- Manage co-promotion for social media with guests and guests’ teams
- Collaborate with the executive team to make adjustments based on listener data
- Proven track record of managing a high-performing team of audio creatives
- Experience working with high-profile talent
- Experience running complex production schedules across multiple shows
- A desire to make the world better through audio and a commitment to diversity and representing diverse voices in program content
- Creative and tactical knowledge of audio production, along with good judgment, solid writing skills, and proficiency in audio recording and editing
- Ability to produce high-quality shows with a small team on a budget and with tight deadlines, while providing the best possible service to the audience, the talent, and any production and business partners
- The ear and expertise to turn good talent + content into hit shows
- Experience editing/shaping raw tape, preferably with Pro-Tools
- Sparkling people skills, kindness, and strong management skills with the ability to bring out the best in others
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- Background in comedy, health and wellness, or lifestyle programming preferred
Lemonada is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve a diverse audience, and are committed to non-discrimination. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity, or veteran’s status. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is full-time and based in Los Angeles, CA. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We also offer Medical, Dental, Vision benefits, Life and ST Disability Insurance, Medical and dependent Care FSA, 401K and Flexible PTO to all full-time employees in addition to a generous holiday schedule, including 2 weeks of org-wide time off in December.
Desired Start Date: February, 2024
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salary: $90,000-$110,000 depending on experience
Submit your resume, cover letter, and any other materials you’d like to share here. For any specific questions, please email hiring [at] lemonadamedia [dot] com.