Contract Producer/Engineer - Weekly Content
Contract Producer/Engineer – Weekly Content
Lemonada Media is hiring a 20-30 hour per week, Los Angeles-based Contract Producer/Engineer to join the team behind hit shows like Wiser Than Me with Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Funny Cuz it’s True with Elyse Myers, Hard Feelings with Jennette McCurdy, The Sarah Silverman Podcast and more. This role will work closely with a small team to produce a new always on talk show and work on other projects in the Los Angeles area as needed. The Producer/Engineer will work closely with hosts and A-list talent, help shape episodes from recording to publication, generate show ideas, curate listener voicemails, do a first mix of the episodes, and more. We are seeking someone who has a great ear and loves the challenge and energy of producing weekly talk shows. The role will report directly to the VP of Weekly Content and Production.
- Take a leading role in producing the show, coordinating production details, running recordings virtually and on-site in Los Angeles and leading post-production.
- Ensure high-end production to create top-notch audio and a professional and quality experience for hosts and guests
- Assemble and mix episodes using ProTools
- Work closely with hosts, including running voiceover sessions and ad recordings
- Some weekend and night work will be required, based on host availability
- Record or assist in recording in a studio and in the field (or virtually) as needed
- Perform dialogue editing, mix engineering, and light scoring for episodes.
- Provide and accept meaningful feedback throughout the production process
- Collaborate with hosts, other producers, and marketing team on compelling show titles and descriptions
- Ensure each episode is produced on time, quality-controlled, and distributed effectively with appropriate ads in place
- Manage a fast-paced workflow in a deadline driven environment
- Minimum of 5-7 years professional experience in radio or podcast production, producing and editing audio
- Creative and tactical knowledge of audio production along with good judgment, strong writing skills, proficiency in audio recording and editing
- Expert Dialogue editing skills. Ability to clean up audio effectively and naturally.
- ProTools and Izotope experience preferred
- Ability to multitask and stick to a tight production schedule
- Experience shaping and launching new shows that are commercially viable
- Experience working with high-profile, A-list talent a plus
- Excellent people skills and the ability to bring out the best in others
- Desire and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Background in producing talk shows
Lemonada is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve a diverse audience, and are committed to non-discrimination. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran’s status. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is expected to be at least a six month contract, with part-time hours between 20 and 30 a week. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Desired Start Date: early January 2024
Rate: $45 – $55 per hour.
Location: Los Angeles based, mostly working from home, with some work required around the greater Los Angeles area.
Submit your resume, cover letter, and any other materials you’d like to share here. For any specific questions please email hiring [at] lemonadamedia [dot] com.