Vice President of Marketing
About JW Player:
JWP is the game-changing video software and data insights platform that's revolutionizing the Digital Video Economy. With our cutting-edge technology, we give our customers unparalleled independence and control over their digital video content. We began over a decade ago as an open-source video player, but today, JWP is the driving force behind digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. And with over 1 billion viewers tuning in every month across 2.7 billion unique devices, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We're on the lookout for passionate and innovative candidates who are ready to join us on this journey of transforming the world of digital video.
The Marketing Team:
Our Marketing Team is a collaborative group dedicated to driving the success of JW Player through innovative marketing strategies. They are responsible for lead and demand generation, product marketing, client marketing, branding and messaging, and marketing communications. Working together, the team executes impactful integrated marketing campaigns to acquire, engage, and retain customers at every stage of their journey.
As the Vice President of Marketing, you will play a pivotal role in leading and managing our marketing efforts. Your responsibilities will encompass lead and demand generation, product marketing, client marketing, branding and messaging, and marketing communications. You will be instrumental in developing and executing a well-defined marketing strategy to enhance brand awareness and drive demand, ultimately contributing to significant growth. Joining our senior leadership team, you will leverage insights into customer behavior to formulate effective go-to-market strategies.
As a Vice President of Marketing, you will:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, data driven marketing strategy to elevate JW Player's brand awareness and drive demand generation for substantial growth.
- Serve as an integral part of the senior leadership team, understanding customer motivations, and translating insights into effective go-to-market strategies.
- Optimize marketing spend by analyzing ROI across different channels. Make data-driven recommendations to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of marketing investments.
- Leverage analytics and market research to identify trends, opportunities, and threats.
- Identify and develop unique product positioning to establish the company as a leader in the industry.
- Build and execute end-to-end go-to-market strategies for products and services, including planning, messaging, and communication.
- Drive and manage product launches, ensuring effective planning, messaging, and communication.
- Create and maintain sales and marketing tools, such as collateral, presentations, videos, web content, and blog posts, to communicate product and solution value propositions to target audiences.
- Share accountability for quarterly business goals through continuous support of the marketing and sales teams.
- Implement and manage robust analytics frameworks to measure and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns across various channels. Provide regular reporting and insights to inform decision-making.
- Become an expert on customers, their buying behavior, criteria, and the challenges they need to address.
- Establish industry leadership by representing the company at industry events, conferences, trade shows, webinars, and on social media.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and craft compelling positioning, messages, and sales tools to differentiate the company and secure a competitive edge.
Requirements for the role:
- Proven experience as a senior marketing leader, ideally as a VP of Marketing or equivalent.
- Demonstrated success in driving demand generation for video technologies in the Broadcast, Publishing and/or Advertising verticals
- Results oriented marketing leader with a passion for leveraging data to drive success.
- Strong background in utilizing data analytics to drive marketing strategies and decisions.
- Bias to action and willingness to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Proficient in marketing technologies, analytics tools, and data visualization.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams, including sales, customer success/support, product, and engineering.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Creative and empathetic thinking, prioritizing a customer-first approach.
- Adaptability to thrive in fast-paced environments with the ability to quickly adjust to shifting priorities.
Perks of being at JW Player, United States
Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you will qualify for:
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events
- Professional Career Development Program and Career Development Progression
- New Employee Home Office Setup Stipend
- Monthly Connectivity Stipend
- Free and discounted perks through JW Player's benefit partners
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals throughout JW Player
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.