L2 Support Engineer
About JW Player:
JWP is the game-changing video software and data insights platform that's revolutionizing the Digital Video Economy. With our cutting-edge technology, we give our customers unparalleled independence and control over their digital video content. We began over a decade ago as an open-source video player, but today, JWP is the driving force behind digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. And with over 1 billion viewers tuning in every month across 2.7 billion unique devices, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We're on the lookout for passionate and innovative candidates who are ready to join us on this journey of transforming the world of digital video.
The Technical Support Team:
The L2 Support team plays an integral role in the customer lifecycle and serves as the second line of escalation for technical support. L2 Support professionals possess an advanced understanding of their specialty at JW Player. They dedicate each day to supporting customers with technical queries, enhancing both their own and customers' understanding of our products and their implementation.
Our top priority is to deliver an industry-leading customer experience, nurturing robust relationships with our clients and ensuring the swift resolution of technical issues.
JW Player is hiring an L2 Support Engineer for our global Technical Support team, serving customers across EMEA, APAC, and AMER regions. This role involves closely collaborating with our technical support teams to provide top-notch support.
Support Engineers at JW Player work at the code level, ensuring the expert implementation of our technology for the best online video viewing experience. This position offers exposure to the entire online video ecosystem, interacting with content creators, publishers, advertisers, and audiences.
Support Engineers are crucial to JW Player's customer success and rapid growth. The ideal candidate is a quick learner with a diverse technical skill set, excelling in a fast-paced, self-starting environment.
As a L2 Support Engineer, you will:
- Provide second-line technical software support to JW Player customers in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Participate in the escalation out-of-hours roster, demonstrating flexibility and a commitment to customer needs.
- Effectively manage and prioritize tasks in line with established service level agreements, consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Utilize various resources, including JW Player’s internal knowledge base, Learning Management System (LMS), user guides, and web research, to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Actively contribute to enhancing JW Player’s support systems and practices, ensuring they evolve to meet changing customer needs and technological advancements.
- Escalate more complex issues to Third Line/Engineering/DevOps teams.
- Generate incident reports and escalate recurring issues to the product team.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of support systems and practices.
- Attend regular technical company meetings and training workshops.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Requirements for the role:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar role.
- Excellent customer service skills with a focus on customer success.
- Proficiency in front-end web development languages and frameworks.
- Some development experience in at least one programming language (e.g., Python, JS, Node, etc.).
- Experience in navigating and troubleshooting Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Methodical and disciplined problem-solving and fault-finding attributes.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in providing internal training and writing documentation.
- Background in providing 2nd line support on tickets and adhering to service level agreements.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Strong experience supporting B2B customers with bespoke projects and products.
- Proficient in Android (Kotlin/Java) or iOS (Swift) development.
- Familiarity with video encoding, ad networks, content management platforms, and streaming protocols.
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing components, particularly with Amazon Web Services.
- Expertise in video-related tools and workflows, including implementing Digital Rights Management (DRM) and managing Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI).
- Knowledge of streaming technologies, such as Unified Streaming, HLS, and DASH protocols.
Perks & Benefits of being at JW Player, North Macedonia:
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Paid Time Off + Mental Health Fridays
- Stock Options Program
- Professional Career Development Program
- New Employee Home Office Setup Stipend
- Mentorship Program
- Monthly Connectivity Stipend
*Benefits are subject to location and can change at the discretion of the Company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, and/or disability status.