Senior Software Engineer - Backend, Payments & Subscriptions
About JW Player:
JWP is the game-changing video software and data insights platform that's revolutionizing the Digital Video Economy. With our cutting-edge technology, we give our customers unparalleled independence and control over their digital video content. We began over a decade ago as an open-source video player, but today, JWP is the driving force behind digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. And with over 1 billion viewers tuning in every month across 2.7 billion unique devices, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We're on the lookout for passionate and innovative candidates who are ready to join us on this journey of transforming the world of digital video.
The Engineering Team:Our Engineering team plays a big part in the company’s success through the development of innovative technologies. Engineers at JW Player are passionate about writing code and solving complex problems. Equipped with a modern tech stack, our Engineers contribute to helping drive monetization for our customers across billions of devices monthly. Click here to read about some of our different engineering teams!
Backend Engineers at JW Player contribute to the development of innovative video technology products that service clients around the world. We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team in Skopje. This is an opportunity to come on board to use modern technology stacks and work on interesting products within the video space that impact clients across some of the many verticals, such as broadcasting and publishing.
While this is a remote opportunity, we are only considering candidates who are based in North Macedonia.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will:
- Help scale our systems to handle thousands of payments per minute.
- Work with popular languages like Python, Go-lang, and more in day-to-day coding.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team focused on our customer experience.
- Contribute to innovative technology and architecture of a global production-scale service layer.
- Work with Microservices, Microservice Principles (Service discovery, API gateways, data transaction consistency, etc.).
- Make a material impact on streaming products, video encoding, and media processing services.
- Participate in code reviews with fellow engineering peers.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience, with an extensive background in backend development.
- A proven record of delivering high-quality and impactful technical solutions, demonstrating expertise independent of programming languages.
- Demonstrated experience in scaling systems to the next level, in order to handle increased loads and demands.
- Deep understanding of database design and data structures.
- Commitment to code quality, maintainability, readability, scalability, and performance.
- Ability to quickly analyze and resolve tactical issues across various areas.
- Open-minded and eager to learn new technologies.
- Solid understanding of the Python/Go-lang programming language.
- Experience working with personal and financial data.
- Knowledge of common Goroutine, channel patterns, and concurrency patterns.
- Experience with building scalable systems using cloud infrastructures like AWS or Google Cloud.
- Understand micro-services architecture: Designing, creating, deploying, testing, and monitoring.
- Contributed to open-source projects.
- Experience with Docker and/or Linux Containers.
Perks & Benefits of being at JW Player, North Macedonia:
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Paid Time Off + Mental Health Fridays
- Stock Options Program
- Professional Career Development Program
- New Employee Home Office Setup Stipend
- Mentorship Program
- Monthly Connectivity Stipend
*Benefits are subject to location and can change at the discretion of the Company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, and/or disability status.