Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack, Growth Engineering Team
About JW Player:
JWP is the game-changing video software and data insights platform that's revolutionizing the Digital Video Economy. With our cutting-edge technology, we give our customers unparalleled independence and control over their digital video content. We began over a decade ago as an open-source video player, but today, JWP is the driving force behind digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. And with over 1 billion viewers tuning in every month across 2.7 billion unique devices, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We're on the lookout for passionate and innovative candidates who are ready to join us on this journey of transforming the world of digital video.
The Growth Engineering Team:
The Growth Engineering team is a full-stack product development team supporting the biggest media-driven publishers in the world. The team builds front-end components and scalable back-end services that integrate with industry leading advertising and data partners. The success of the team is measured by our customers' monetization of their video strategies.
You will serve as the go-to person for end-to-end development, leading front-end and back-end engineers through projects that provide direct impact to our customers at scale. You will be a technical leader accountable for the analysis of implementation tradeoffs and maintaining production services across the stack. This role presents an exceptional opportunity to experience both scale and impact as an individual contributor.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will:
- Work in a cross-functional team, collaborating with back-end, design, and product management to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Working as the primary translator between the front-end and back-end teams, with a range of front-end technologies including React, TypeScript, SCSS, build-tools, and more.
- Lead the execution of major product initiatives.
- Make informed trade-offs between immediate user impact, business value, and long-term technical viability when choosing a solution.
- Participate in planning activities, code reviews, providing feedback, and mentorship to your peers.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies, and propose innovative solutions to improve product functionality and performance.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Writes content for consumption beyond the team (eg. documentation, blog posts).
Requirements for the role:
- 6+ years of full-stack software development (70% front-end 30% back-end).
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality, scalable, and performant web applications using modern front-end technologies such as React, Angular, or Vue.js.
- Solid understanding of UX/UI principles and the ability to translate design mockups into interactive, responsive user interfaces.
- Experience working closely and contributing to back-end engineering projects in at least one back-end language (e.g. Python, Java, Go etc.) and database systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Mongo, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing front-end performance and implementing best practices for web accessibility and SEO. Proficiency in debugging and performance profiling tools is required.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills are essential, as you will work closely with cross-functional teams, including designers, back-end engineers, and product managers, to deliver outstanding user experiences. Leadership experience and the ability to mentor junior team members is highly valued.
- Experience directly or indirectly working with advertising technology
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with design systems and component libraries
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS preferred) and deploying applications in a cloud environment.
- Knowledge of video technologies and standards (e.g., HLS, DASH) is a plus.
Perks of being at JW Player, U.S.
When you join JW Player, our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you are eligible for the following benefits:
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Development Program and Career Development Progression
- New Employee Home Office Setup Stipend
- Monthly Connectivity Stipend
- Free and discounted perks through JW Player's benefit partners
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals throughout JW Player
*Benefits are subject to location and can change at the discretion of the Company.
According to New York City local Council laws, local New York City applicants residing in and performing this role in New York City will receive an annual salary dependent on experience between $120,000.00 - $160,000.00. In addition, applicants qualify for the benefits listed above.
The salary band is not applicable to applicants outside of New York City. Applicants located outside of the New York City area will have an adjusted rate equitable and competitive to their residing and surrounding area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.