Network Operations Centre Engineer
About JW Player:
JWP is the game-changing video software and data insights platform that's revolutionizing the Digital Video Economy. With our cutting-edge technology, we give our customers unparalleled independence and control over their digital video content. We began over a decade ago as an open-source video player, but today, JWP is the driving force behind digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. And with over 1 billion viewers tuning in every month across 2.7 billion unique devices, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We're on the lookout for passionate and innovative candidates who are ready to join us on this journey of transforming the world of digital video.
The Network Operations Centre (NOC):
The JW Player Network Operations Centre, or "NOC", is a global team within the Tier 1 Technical Support function. The NOC runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The team provides ‘eyes on glass’ monitoring and proactive troubleshooting for video companies worldwide. It is an exciting and fast-paced team with great opportunities for growth and development.
The JW Player NOC is an integral part of the customer's lifecycle and the first point of contact for customers when they are having technical issues. Providing an industry-leading customer experience is our highest priority in order to develop great relationships with our customers and to ensure they continue working with us.
We are growing the team and looking to hire a remote NOC Engineer based in Mexico. This is a great opportunity if you have a background in customer service and are interested in starting your career in the technology space! Standard work hours are 4pm - 12am CST, 5 days a week, and may include national holidays and weekends. Hours may change with varying business needs however sufficient notice will be given.
As a NOC Engineer, you will:
- Provide proactive and reactive monitoring of customer servers and video streams.
- Provide 1st line initial triage on support issues, fixing those where possible and passing others onto the relevant teams.
- Ensure that all issues and resolutions are logged in the help desk.
- Provide training / documentation to other operational staff within the support team and Network Operations.
- Share best practices identified in daily work with members of other teams.
- Use AWS technologies, and monitoring tools such as Zabbix, CloudWatch and Datadog.
- Work with Linux and Windows servers.
- Be in charge of incident management.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience working in a customer service environment with a focus on day-to-day operational tasks, handling and prioritizing a high volume of work, covering shifts, monitoring multiple streams and adhering to response times.
- A self-starter attitude - proactive, coachable, inquisitive, and enjoys problem solving.
- Excellent organizational and bilingual communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrate an interest for technology (through certificates/qualifications, personal projects, etc.).
- Relevant college degree/apprenticeship/certification in IT, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in an infrastructure, network operations or software support role
- Knowledge of video technology
- Ability to write documentation for both internal and client use.
- Recruiter Screen
- 15-30 minute conversation with a Recruiter to learn more about your background and interests
- Hiring Manager Screen
- 30-60 minute conversation where the Hiring Manager or someone from the team deep dives into your experiences
- Team Interview
- 30-60 minute interview where you meet with various team members across the organization
*The interview process may change at any given stage.
Perks of being at JW Player, Mexico
Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you will qualify for:
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Remote Working Stipends
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Program and Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals at JW Player
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?