Senior Software Engineer, Detect
College Park, MD, USA · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Immuta enables organizations to unlock value from their cloud data by protecting it and providing secure access. The Immuta Data Security Platform provides sensitive data discovery, security and access control, and data activity monitoring and has deep integrations with the leading cloud data platforms. Immuta is now trusted by Fortune 500 companies and government agencies around the world to secure their data. Founded in 2015, Immuta is headquartered in Boston, MA.
• Customers simplify operations, improve data security, and unlock data’s value. Customers include:
Roche – Saved $50M by securely operationalizing data products and saving inventory.
Thomson Reuters - Faster access to Snowflake data and a 60x increase in data usage resulting in greater productivity.
Swedbank – 3x time saved setting up data security and self-service policy authoring. 2x more data use cases. 5x improvement in process efficiency.
JB Hunt – Increased permitted use cases for cloud analytics by 100% by managing access to 100+ databases while achieving cost savings.
• Technology partners include Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst. Immuta was recognized as the Snowflake Data Security Partner of the Year in June 2023.
• Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top American startup employer, by Inc. Magazine and BuiltIn as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies.
• $267 million in total funding. Lead investors include NightDragon, Snowflake, and Databricks, along with additional funding from ServiceNow, Citi Ventures, Dell Technologies Capital, DFJ Growth, IAG, Intel Capital, March Capital, Okta Ventures, StepStone, Ten Eleven Ventures, and Wipro Ventures.
• A hybrid workplace with offices in Boston, MA; Columbus, Ohio; College Park, Maryland.
Immuta’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that enable organizations to govern and protect one of their most valuable assets - data. Our product automates access and privacy controls across cloud data platforms (e.g. Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift, Starburst) and traditional RDBMS products (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle) at a massive scale. We’re looking for software engineers that are passionate about building elegant, modern platforms and are enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to push data governance technologies forward.
As a software engineer at Immuta, you will be part of an agile engineering team focused on enhancing our audit and reporting capabilities. You will be responsible for leading and developing and integrating brand new components and technologies into the Immuta platform as well as enhancing existing functionality to provide value to our customers' mission to audit access to their data assets and ensure compliance with standards and regulations (e.g. GDPR, HIPAA). You will be part of a talented team that values everyone's input and creativity, allowing you to explore creative solutions, the freedom to manage your time as a mature contributor, and opportunities to provide thought leadership across Immuta.
*Lead development of core components of our auditing and reporting capabilities
*Work across Immuta engineering teams to coordinate design, development, and deployment
*Ensure overall quality of delivery through code reviews, automated testing, and injecting best practices into development processes
*Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent experience
*Experience with TypeScript and Node.js frameworks (e.g. Hapi, Fastify) and understanding of asynchronous programming
*Experience in microservice architecture design
*Experience creating and consuming various API’s (REST/JSON, GraphQL)
*Experience using different storage technologies such as PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
*Experience with DevOps processes and technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
*Experience working with services provided by AWS, Azure, or GCP
*Experience using Git and JIRA
*Familiarity with Golang, Python, Scala, and/or Java is a plus
*Familiarity building command-line tools to consume APIs and configure applications
At Immuta, our goal is to help bridge the gap between personal and professional growth, so that our team members can be well and thrive personally and professionally. After all, great professional success stories rarely happen without great personal success stories! Our generous benefits package given to all full time employees includes:
- 100% employer paid Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) premiums for you and your dependents (including Domestic Partners)
- 100% employer paid mental wellness platform for you and your dependents
- Stock Options
- Wellness perks (100% employer paid Whoop fitness band and subscription)
- Paid parental leave (Both Maternity and Paternity)
- Unlimited Paid time off (U.S. based positions)
- Learning and Development Resources
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.