Lead Consultant, Payroll
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
With unmatched technology and category-defining innovation, Icertis pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with contract lifecycle management (CLM). The AI-powered, analyst-validated Icertis Contract Intelligence (ICI) platform turns contracts from static documents into strategic advantage by structuring and connecting the critical contract information that defines how an organization runs. Today, the world’s most iconic brands and disruptive innovators trust Icertis to fully realize the intent of their combined 10 million contracts worth more than $1 trillion, in 40+ languages and 93 countries.
Who we are: Icertis is the only contract intelligence platform companies trust to keep them out in front, now and in the future. Our unwavering commitment to contract intelligence is grounded in our FORTE values—Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork and Execution—which guide all our interactions with employees, customers, partners and stakeholders. Because in our mission to be the contract intelligence platform of the world, we believe how we get there is as important as the destination
Icertis is looking for Lead Consultant- Payroll to join their Finance team at Pune office. This individual will be responsible for end-to-end India payroll processing including related payroll accounting and compliance activities.
- Responsible for independently managing all day-to day payroll activities including co-ordination with the key internal teams as well as external payroll vendor to ensure an accurate and timely payroll on periodical basis.
- Providing excellent payroll support to employees and cross-functional teams by addressing inquiries, concerns, and requests.
- Providing inputs to HR / consultants for applicable labour laws, PF, and other regulatory returns.
- Overseeing the administration of the gratuity trust, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for accurate and timely salary disbursement, statutory payments and returns filing.
- Responsible for Monthly payroll accounting, accrual JEs, flux analysis, Balance Sheet account reconciliation and reporting etc.
- Co-ordinating for periodical actuarial valuation for employee benefits and ESOPs / RSUs as applicable.
- Overseeing the ESOPs tax calculations and RBI reporting.
- Responsible for submission of necessary payroll information and explanations for internal and external audits and inspections.
- Maintain communication and strong relationships with the key stakeholders such as C&B, Human Resource and Accounting teams to review cross-function impact and align the payroll operations accordingly.
- Providing support in system implementation projects.
- Consult with Human Resource, Recruiters, and Managers with interpretation of compensation practices, guidelines, and recommendations and support in implementing best practices.
- Recognizing opportunities and recommending process improvements, which also involves assisting with the design and implementation of internal control measures.
Required skills and qualification:
- 7+ years of experience in India payroll, related accounting, and statutory compliances.
- Advanced Excel skills with a strong background in analytics and metrics.
- Ability to plan and execute multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with attention to details.
- Understanding of accounting, taxation, and finance concepts related to payroll.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- M.Com / MBA Finance preferred.
- Experience of working with IT product development, high-tech organizations.
- Flexible to work in shift with few hours of overlap with US time zone.
- Experience of working on platforms like Oracle NetSuite, Floqast, Oracle Fusion, etc. is preferred.
Icertis, Inc. provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Icertis, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with your recruiter.
Icertis is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.