Senior Azure DevOps Engineer, Cloud Operations (US GOV Cloud)
Software Engineering, Operations
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
With unmatched technology and category-defining innovation, Icertis pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with contract lifecycle management (CLM). The AI-powered, analyst-validated Icertis Contract Intelligence (ICI) platform turns contracts from static documents into strategic advantage by structuring and connecting the critical contract information that defines how an organization runs. Today, the world’s most iconic brands and disruptive innovators trust Icertis to fully realize the intent of their combined 10 million contracts worth more than $1 trillion, in 40+ languages and 93 countries.
Who we are: Icertis is the only contract intelligence platform companies trust to keep them out in front, now and in the future. Our unwavering commitment to contract intelligence is grounded in our FORTE values—Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork and Execution—which guide all our interactions with employees, customers, partners and stakeholders. Because in our mission to be the contract intelligence platform of the world, we believe how we get there is as important as the destination
About the US-GOV Cloud Operations Team:
***This is a U.S. based role with U.S. citizenship requirement. Applicant must reside in and work from the U.S. and be able to pass a FedRAMP background check***
Cloud Operations (CloudOps) at Icertis is responsible for Availability, Resiliency, Performance, Monitoring, Emergency Response, and Capacity Planning of the Icertis SaaS application & related services. CloudOps also executes Identity & Access Management, Role-Based Provisioning, Upgrades, Deployments, and Change, Incident and Problem management to drive faster time to market. This department plays a critical role in building & executing the cloud strategy as part of overall service delivery for the company.
Icertis is continuing to generate significant demand in the US public sector and the US GOV CloudOps team is at the forefront of defining, implementing and continuously monitoring cloud security strategies to meet the rigorous federal security compliance requirements, protect our customer’s assets, reduce risk, and to empower Icertis’ federal sales team.
What you will do:
- We are looking for a self-motivated, growth-minded and unabashedly detail-obsessed Senior (Sr) DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly growing US GOV Cloud Operations team. This person will fill a critical role on the team, partnering with our Global DevOps team to deliver and scale impeccable cloud infrastructure and provide tooling and automation to improve and enhance our operation. The right candidate for this role is a knowledgeable automation expert who fluently speaks the language of SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) products and technologies and who knows how to apply and adapt processes commensurate with the company’s size, culture and strategic objectives. This individual will be a passionate DevOps professional who is committed to secure SaaS service delivery and the success of our Azure Government customers.
- Expert level cloud engineer, with hands-on management of production and non-production cloud-based software solutions running on Microsoft Azure.
- Deploy, configure, secure, and monitor various Azure services using Terraform and Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Employ innovative thought and automation to improve workflow, efficiency, productivity, and technology deployment.
- Ability to take a project or task from inception to completion understanding when to escalate.
- Stay familiar with relevant current and future technologies and trends.
- Continuously maintain and/or improve the security of client environments and customer data.
- Monitor all production environments as a part of a 24x7x365 on call rotation to ensure availability, resiliency and performance meets our SLAs.
- Respond to monitoring alerts as received.
- Troubleshoot and debug C#/ASP.NET applications and/or PaaS service failures.
- Collaborate with customer services, professional services, project/program/product managers, and engineers to ensure that critical and time-sensitive projects run smoothly to achieve business outcomes.
- Create, update and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures, and infrastructure configuration.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned, such as assist with evidence collection during audits.
What you will bring:
- 5+ years working on mission critical cloud first infrastructures (preferably MS Azure).
- Hands-on automation creation experience with proficiency in PowerShell, Linux/BashShell, Terraform, JSON/YAML.
- Experience with automation of serverless and container technologies (Azure Function Apps, Docker, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)).
- Solid understanding and hands on experience designing, building and supporting DevOps pipelines.
- Strong Windows Systems, Linux Systems, Network administration, and IIS administration skills.
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts, applications, storage, compute, and networking components.
- Solid C#, ASP.NET application debugging skills.
- Experience with implementing monitoring of key indicators covering availability, diagnostic, performance, and logs.
- SQL Expertise, always-on, replication, performance, backup/restore, stored-procedures, schema, and query.
- Experience working in a scrum or sprint lifecycle using a work item/ticketing queue to manage work and communication.
- Should have a humble, customer-centric attitude, earning the trust of clients and everyone you meet.
- Should have great communication skills and does not mind taking ownership of issues for others and driving them to completion.
- Should have just as much passion for their business objectives as you do about the technology used to achieve those objectives.
- Identify, research and drive true root cause for technical problems.
- You are a passionate, continuous learner who keeps up with the latest trends, technologies and tools in the industry.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks and provide support for escalated trouble tickets.
- Azure Certifications:
- AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- AZ-104 Azure Admin Associate
- AZ-204 Azure Development Associate
- AZ-500 Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Azure Portal/Azure DevOps/Visual Studio/Azure Active Directory:
- Experience and working knowledge with a range of Azure IaaS and PaaS services.
- Experience of working with Elastic Search, Kibana, Redis Cache.
- Comfortable using TFS (Team Foundation Server) and Azure DevOps (ADO) workflows.
- Comfortable with Visual Studio and SQL Server Data Tools.
- Comfortable with basic DevOps concepts like CI/CD and Infra-automation.
- Hands-on experience with Ansible and Terraform.
- Knowledge and experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and procedure.
- Experience with collaboration tools: Microsoft Teams/SharePoint/ADO.
- Preferred familiarity (1+ years) with some or all the following Azure PaaS security resources:
- Threat protection
- WAF (Web Application Firewall)
- SIEM (Sentinel) and Cloud Security Analytics
- Security Operation Center
- Experience enabling and function of compliance standards (HIPPA, PCI, PCI DSS, ISO 27001, NIST, FedRAMP, CMMC, IL3-5, etc.)
- Experience: 5+ years
- Location: Remote, US
*Ability to meet Icertis, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Icertis Federal Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Icertis Federal Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Base Salary Compensation:
Min $ 110,500
Max $ 190,500
In addition to the base salary an annual target bonus and equity component is included in the compensation package.
What we offer:
We are committed to the health and well-being of all Icertians, their families, the communities they live in, and our customers. This commitment is represented in the Icertis “Four Rings of Responsibility”: Take Care of Self, Take Care of Family, Take Care of Community, and Take Care of Business, in that order.
To support these commitments, Icertis offers excellent health and welfare benefits, a generous 401k match, and a robust paid time off program. Here are some of the other reasons we’ve been named a Top Company to Work for by Seattle Business Magazine for the fifth year in a row!
•Equity (RSUs) and shared ownership in the company
•Flexible work location (role dependent)
• Paid maternity and paternity leave
• 7 Days for Humanity in 2023 – paid volunteer days
• Generous holidays including the 4th of July week off – paid
• Extensive remote onboarding program and virtual employee engagement events
This specific role might not be for you, but maybe you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please forward this opportunity to anyone who wants to help Transform the Foundation of Commerce!
Icertis is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.