Senior Full-Stack Engineer
About Humming Homes & Our Team
We are tackling the $500B+ home services industry by building an AI-powered home maintenance solution for homeowners. Our mission is to improve the burdensome process of owning and maintaining a home with our tech-powered home operations service. Our platform connects homeowners, our home management team, and third-party service providers to streamline reactive maintenance, and dynamically recommend proactive maintenance and home improvement that delivers ROI to our customers.
Our team has successfully combined operations and technology at high-growth companies including Amazon, Fundera (Nerdwallet), Instacart, Gusto, Katerra, and Ro Health. We are backed by leading investors including Greycroft, AlleyCorp, Harlem Capital, Thrive Capital, Sound Ventures, among other great capital partners.
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer, you will partner with our product, design and engineering teams to own the development of APIs and drive forward the architecture of our systems. You’ll have the opportunity to work across our entire application stack, while going deep and becoming a subject matter expert in one or more domains. Examples of projects you might lead: building personalized maintenance plans based on our knowledge of a home, rearchitecting the flow of payments from homeowner to vendor, digitizing and automating project management workflows, etc.
This role will work across the front-end and back-end on both the web application and on our internal systems. You will report directly to our CTO and our stack includes Python (Django), TypeScript (React), Swift, Postgres, Redis and Heroku.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with product and design to build solutions to Humming Homes’ core problems
- Take ownership of large pieces of the tech stack (Bringing mobile application to web application)
- Build integrations with third party APIs (Stripe, SendGrid, Kustomer, etc.)
- Help build & refine the engineering team processes and culture
- Monitor and support the Humming Homes platform
- Significant experience working with modern backend frameworks (ideally 7+ years)
- Focused on learning quickly, and have the ability and desire to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Confident making architecture decisions that will build upon the foundations of our stack
- Fluency in Python strongly preferred; Experience with React & TypeScript is a plus
Pay & Perks
- Competitive salary compensation and equity in the company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, majority covered by the Company
- All the hardware you’ll need, including the latest MacBook
- Learning from experienced entrepreneurs on building a business from the ground up
Some candidates may feel discouraged from getting in touch because they don’t match all the items - please reach out anyway! We particularly encourage you to reach out if you identify as a woman, are a person of color or other underrepresented minority, or are a member of the LGBTQIA community.