Director, Marketing (Brand & Digital)
Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our innovative, supplemental school transportation solutions are used by over 400 school districts, charter schools, nonprofits, government agencies, as well as busy families to safely and reliably get kids where they need to go.
Student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the U.S. The way kids get to and from school has a direct impact on our kids, families, schools and communities. While school districts spend $28 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus. The current system can no longer meet all the transportation needs of our districts, schools and families — and its shortcomings are causing inequities in educational access that are affecting the welfare of millions of kids each day.
HopSkipDrive is taking a different approach to arranging safe, reliable school transportation that meets needs that aren’t being addressed by the current system, helping to fill gaps and supplement the student transportation options available. We create personalized transportation solutions for the one to the many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for the most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, children experiencing homelessness and students with disabilities.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology — coupled with operational expertise and new ways of thinking — to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list, as well as Best Places to Work lists from Built In LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us a Best Company for Professional Development, as well as to its Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now operate across over 20 major markets and more than a dozen states across the country. We continue to expand at a rapid pace, making the Inc. 5000 list four times, as well as the Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology list. HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
Who you are
You see yourself as a full-stack marketer, passionate about running a multi-channel marketing strategy and optimizing performance across platforms. You have a particular passion and deep expertise in building visual and written content across platforms, amplifying it across channels, and continually tracking ROI and linking efforts to business results. You are a B2B-focused paid media expert, understanding how to design a campaign and advise on segmenting, targeting, and performance tracking. You have a strong sense of ownership and an entrepreneurial spirit, excited to grow and build within a rapidly growing technology company and you thrive in ambiguity, with a track record of always identifying a path forward to achieve goals. You’re a strong people manager and coach, but eager to execute as a hands-on teammate. You will be a key contributor to Communications and Marketing Strategy and an integral leader on the Communications and Marketing team.
You are excited to jump in and help your teammates, and you’re always thinking of ways to constructively challenge the status quo and improve the business. You are an A+ player who is inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of creating opportunity through mobility.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
- You will be responsible for our owned channels and strategy, including our website, blog, email marketing, content, and social channels. You will use these – and other channels – to grow brand awareness among potential clients (school districts, government agencies, nonprofits) to drive traffic, and boost engagement with data-driven approaches that tie to revenue goals.
- Lead, execute, and iterate on paid media efforts, including paid social campaigns and search engine marketing based on sales goals and brand awareness, while optimizing those efforts to map to our Revenue and brand strategy.
- Oversee and manage the process for content development, including video, design, and editorial content, collaborating cross-functionally and with outside vendors to identify needs, prioritize, resource, and deliver content to meet B2B customers where they are. Manage a team, ensuring we’re communicating the right things in the right ways.
- Own implementation of a brand health tracker and advise on moving key metrics, like aided and unaided awareness, ranking on key attributes, and more.
- Develop and own implementation of a clear marketing measurement strategy. Collaborate with Sales Ops to understand performance of all marketing channels, paid and unpaid, to gauge impact on all stages of the funnel. You know the importance of measurement and tracking, and can make thoughtful recommendations for your team and others.
- Ensure messaging consistency across owned and paid channels, while optimizing messages within each channel.
- Collaborate with other Communications and Marketing functions, including Demand Gen, Communications/PR, and Product Marketing for comprehensive and cohesive marketing and communications strategy.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of marketing experience with proven expertise in running paid media campaigns, knowledge of most effective platforms to leverage, and understanding measurement and outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong prioritization skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and high capacity for change.
- Highly self-motivated, with attention to detail
- Current pulse on digital platforms, tools, and trends in content, marketing, and advertising
- Familiarity with HubSpot, Google Analytics, Iterable, Salesforce, and Tableau
- Deep and broad knowledge of ad measurement ecosystem (e.g., lift testing, multi-touch attribution, app install measurement, reach/audience) and industry trends
- Proven leadership development skills to uplevel both potential and capabilities of team members.
Nice to have experience:
- Marketplace company experience
- • This role will be fully remote from a state we are an employer in AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, KS, MD, WI, OK, UT, TN, NC, SC, NV, NM, NJ, NY, OR, TX, VA, WA, MO, MI
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer flexible vacation, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), FSA, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $155,000-$175,000 a year. This position is remote and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set, certifications, and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.