Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our safe, innovative youth transportation solution is used by over 450 school districts, charter schools, non-profits and government agencies, and busy families to get kids where they need to go.
With nearly 500,000 yellow buses on the road every day and 3.5 billion miles driven a year, student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the US. And while districts spend $25 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus every day. Add to the equation a crippling bus driver shortage and increasing needs for individualized transportation solutions, and it is clear the current system is expensive, inefficient, and ripe for disruption.
We create personalized transportation solutions from one to many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies, and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for our most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, youth experiencing homelessness, and youth with special needs.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named Fast Company Most Innovative Companies, Best Places to Work lists from Built in LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us to the Best Company for Professional Development, Best CEO, and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now serve 12 states and 22 metros across the country and continue to expand at a rapid pace, twice making the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology lists. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms, HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
Who you are
You are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by our vision and the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-growing market. You are excited to learn, grow and collaborate so we can achieve our mission of creating opportunity for all through mobility.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that challenges require different approaches, unique perspectives and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. You are honest and exhibit high integrity. You are proactive and excited to bring new ideas to the company. You solicit feedback and are open to criticism. You adjust quickly to changes in priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change. You have high attention to detail.
You are an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with others above all, you want to build something that fundamentally changes the lives of families for the better. As a Marketplace Manager, you will be the owner of a subset of our markets responsible for making fast paced, analytical decisions to allocate resources across your markets and keep our marketplace balanced.
What You'll Do
- Own the near-term supply and demand forecasts in your markets by designing and maintaining predictive models that align with company directives
- Hold weekly check-ins with sales, supply, and operations leaders to gain understanding of current operations and obstacles and work cross-functionally to address concerns
- Design, build, and ship targeted productivity promotions to address challenges in your markets and optimize fill rate, market spend, and operational efficiency
- Own and operate marketplace configurations to maximize efficiency of supply and demand matching
- Regularly evaluate the health of your markets, recommend cross-functional remediation efforts for struggling markets, and recommend exit if a market does not have a clear path to contribution margin positive
- Support a range of special projects where more strategic and analytical firepower is needed to move the business forward
- Operate in a highly fluid environment, think creatively, structure problems analytically, prioritize rigorously, and use data to drive decisions.
- Make any necessary structural changes to the marketplace infrastructure in your markets to ensure success (zip code mapping, cluster assignments, in-service determinations)
What you bring:
- An A+ player who is building a challenging and rewarding career.
- 3+ years experience driving superior results in highly analytical and strategic roles
- You bring a passion for data-driven decision making and are an analytical powerhouse
- Sound strategic instincts and comfort making nuanced business decisions based on imperfect information
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a “no job too small or challenge too big” attitude
- You are an Excel/ Google Sheets power user: you build complex, elegant models containing layers of advanced formulas (nested logic, offsets, index/match, etc.), simple assumptions and crystal clear dashboards to drive business insights both for other data nerds and less technical audience
- Possess a working knowledge of Tableau with expectation to increase knowledge base and contribute to report building
** This role will be fully remote from a state where we do business AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, KS, MD, WI, NC, NV, NJ, NY, OR, TX, SC, VA, MI, WA, MO, TN**
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer flexible vacation, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), FSA, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $70,000 to $80,000. This position is remote and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set, certifications, and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.
Something looks off?