Senior Analyst, Real World Data (RWD) Insights
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
How you will help
As a Senior Analyst, Real World Data (RWD) Insights you will provide exceptional healthcare data analytics expertise for clients and colleagues in support of sales opportunities to license data. You will conduct discovery and translate clients’ research and business questions into actionable analyses to demonstrate data feasibility by leveraging the largest healthcare data ecosystem in the US. In collaboration with colleagues, you will identify and educate clients on the data suppliers in the HealthVerity Marketplace (HVM) that capture the necessary data elements to conduct RWD-based studies and produce regulatory-grade real world evidence (RWE).
What you will do
• Efficiently query multiple data types (medical and pharmacy claims, EMR, lab, chargemaster) using SQL to identify populations of interest in HVM data and assess using univariate analysis and data investigations
• Empower clients to generate RWE utilizing best-in-class observational research by conducting pre-sale feasibility analyses of varying breadth and depth
• Provide clients with RWD training, analytic guidance, and use case support in the post-sale phase
• Develop and communicate technical, clinical, operational, and business specifications to internal and external teams
• Work cross-functionally to support operational processes to deliver data licensing projects on time and with accuracy
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal documentation, code templates, analytics automation, and other process improvement initiatives to support internal team efficiency, effectiveness, and growth
How success will be defined
• Creatively and strategically position HealthVerity to win against the competition by building trust and credibility as a subject matter expert (SME)
• Take ownership of pre- and post-sale projects and drive to completion
• Dedicate 5-10% of working hours to team and individual improvement
• Ensure minimal errors in presales feasibility and data requirements for delivery
Required skills and experience
• Graduate degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Clinical Informatics, or related quantitative field
• At least 3 years experience in a consultative, client-facing role
• At least 3 years experience using SQL, programming against large relational databases leveraging interoperably-linked, patient-level data at scale
• Healthcare data expert across various data types (e.g. open/closed claims, inpatient/ambulatory EMR, commercial labs, social determinants, etc.) and codified healthcare data standards (e.g. ICD, CPT, HCPCS, CVX, LOINC, NUCC, NPPES, etc.)
• Experience evaluating fit-for-purpose data and implementing research protocols
• Experienced applying RWD to specific healthcare and life sciences-related research questions and use cases, such as RWE/epidemiology, HEOR, R&D, commercial, public health
Desired skills and experience
• Exposure to a wide range of healthcare industry business segments (pharma, biotech, government, consulting, healthcare payer/provider)
• Evangelist and champion of RWD/RWE
• Skilled at educating, presenting, and demonstrating analytical concepts to internal and external audiences
• Strong communicator (both verbally and in writing) with the ability to translate client needs into actionable data insights
• Experience supporting business development activities
• Experience owning and managing projects with the ability to identify and mitigate risk to intended outcomes
• Team player who takes initiative and works collaboratively with colleagues across all levels of the organization
• Highly organized, consultative, and proactive critical thinker/problem solver
• Committed to personal and professional continuous development
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Experience coding in Python
• Thrives in a rapidly-changing, fast paced environment
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $80,000 - 130,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
While HealthVerity does support remote work with quarterly travel to our Philadelphia headquarters, our strong preference is to hire team members in the areas below as well as approved states in the Eastern Time Zone. Expansion beyond these markets will occur only when necessary.
• Boston, Massachusetts
• New York City, New York
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Baltimore, Maryland
• Washington D.C
• Charlotte, North Carolina
• Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
• Atlanta, Georgia
Approved States in the Eastern Time Zone include: CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, MA, MD, MI NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, TN, and VA.
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia. We offer both hybrid roles and those with quarterly travel.
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.