VP of Capital Markets - Real World Asset Tokenization
Hamsa is the leading liquidity network bridging real world assets to digital investors leveraging
rich data. We’ve tokenized over $3B of private commercial credit and are growing fast.
Founded by a Webby-winning serial entrepreneur who sold his last company for $550M and the
technology leader who built Alipay’s global payment system, Hamsa is disrupting the $11T
alternative asset market private commercial credit market with a radically faster, more efficient, and more democratic tokenization and trading platform for a wide range of high-yield, asset-backed credit and debt products offered to institutional and private wealth investors. Hamsa is backed by top-tier investors, has partnerships with major financial institutions, and has global operations (US, LATAM, and APAC).
We are looking for an institutional business development leader of capital markets. This person must hold a current Series 7 and either hold or be willing to take and pass the Series 79 and 24. The position would ideally be based in New York to provide strategic leadership, business management and coordination in support of Hamsa’s institutional markets activities. The candidate must have at least 6 years recent experience in large, well recognized, financial institutions, preferably with a mix of investment banking and structured products experience.
The candidate would be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with medium and large financial institutions interested in the full range of possibilities of asset tokenization. This would include major banks, asset managers, private equity funds, private credit funds and hedge funds. The institutional business development lead must be a nimble and flexible leader who can evolve with the changing needs of the business by creating sustainable relationships, protocols and processes to support new initiatives as well as optimizing the current tokenization platform. This role will have significant contact and visibility with senior executives of the
overall business and its wider relationships.
We are seeking a driven individual, entrepreneurial in spirit and highly motivated; someone
excited to build our US business, and who recognizes the life-changing rewards that success in
this endeavor will offer. They will be located in the US.
● Build and maintain relationships with major banks, asset managers, private equity
funds, private credit funds, insurance companies and hedge funds.
● Develop partnerships with banks, asset managers and administrative agents to build-out
their real world asset tokenization and trading platforms.
● Partner with leading asset originators and investors to raise capital leveraging Hamsa’s
tokenization and distribution network (including but not limited to bonds, private credit,
private debt, receivables and other real world assets), and meet quarterly targets.
● Collaborate both within the overall business, as well as with other areas such as Risk,
Legal, IT, Marketing and Finance.
● Where necessary, work with the Company’s associated broker dealer business.
● High integrity and committed individual, who will support the success of the team and
● Highly motivated, aggressive and results-oriented business leader that spots
● Strategic thinker, able to construct, manage and execute complex multi-member
partnerships, and create consortiums.
● Problem solving mindset. Ours is not a straight sale, it is nuanced business development.
This person needs to be a great listener and have the capabilities to shape a solution to
meet the needs of each customer.
● Resilient and used to thinking around issues and turning ‘no‘ into ‘yes’
● Natural charismatic leader who can build deep relationships with C-suite and VP-level
● Strong analytical skills with superior presentation abilities, organizational skills, and
attention to detail
● Thrives on change and continuous improvement; possesses high regard for transparency
Hard skills/experience (we do not expect all, but all are relevant):
● At least 6 years recent experience in large, well recognized, financial institutions, preferably with a mix of investment banking and structured products experience
● Strong business development skills and track record.
● Strong existing relationships in finance with banks, asset managers and private credit funds.
● Relationships with key players in the broader financial ecosystem.
● Must hold a current Series 7 and Series 24 licenses.
● While we do not expect necessarily experience with tokenization, a successful candidate will be able to demonstrate some knowledge and interest in digital assets and tokenization as a use case for US capital markets and financial products
● Reports to CEO in San Francisco
Something looks off?