Business Development Representative
Guidewheel is on a mission to empower all the world’s factories to reach sustainable peak performance. Inspired by the simple, universal truth that every machine on the factory floor has a power cord, our plug-and-play FactoryOps platform makes the power of the cloud accessible to any factory. Guidewheel clips onto any machine to turn its real-time “heartbeat” into a connected, actively learning system that empowers teams to reduce lost production time, increase throughput, and perform better and better over time.
At Guidewheel we work with the factories that are the backbone of our economy, and you can have a real, on-the-ground impact right away. We have strong momentum and alignment around our mission, investor support, and a culture that values diversity, growth mindset, and results. And the tight link between our mission and our business model means that reaching more of the world’s 10 million factories accelerates our positive impact on the planet.
The Guidewheel team shares the following values:
- Integrity matters: We are honest, straightforward and sincere. With each other. With our investors. With our customers
- We (actually) care: About each other. About fighting climate change. About making a real impact
- We use data to make decisions: We possess the courage to accept “hard truths” and confront challenges head-on
- The power of growth mindset is real: We strive to be the best we can be; to achieve this we are committed to embracing change and expanding our capabilities
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Representative to partner with our customer success, marketing, sales and business operations teams to source new business and fuel our growth. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Business Development, you’ll be on the team powering Guidewheel’s outbound engine via strategic decision-making, speaking to value, and managing a growing volume of accounts in a fast-paced, high activity environment.
You’ll get to:
- Join the founding team of high-performing sales professionals with a deep commitment to our customers and to getting 1% better everyday.
- Be the first point of contact our customers have with Guidewheel. You’ll serve on the front-lines for our Go-To-Market engine and be our ultimate advocate as we scale.
- Source new business opportunities and drive revenue through outbound prospecting efforts via cold calling, email campaigns, and other channels. Be incentivized to hit daily, weekly, and monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Track and run experiments to constantly improve the conversion funnel.
- Learn how to ask targeted and thoughtful questions to reveal value. Build a point of view to qualify our customer’s needs and overcome objections.
- Use technology to manage a high volume of prospects and make data-driven decisions for time prioritization.
- Be in a position to earn accelerated commissions with a clear promotion path to closing roles. Partner directly with and learn from experienced Account Executives by shadowing many of the meetings you schedule, follow the sales process kick-started by your efforts, and share recognition.
- Highly enjoy being in a dynamic sales environment. Your zone of genius is best exercised in front of customers on a daily basis.
- Excited by the opportunity to build. Comfortable in the unknown and inspired by the opportunity to compete daily on a high-energy team with limitless potential. Thrives in a fast-paced environment with change as a constant.
- A knack for creativity and undeterred by the first no. Results-driven.
- Extremely coachable and open to feedback from both leadership and peers. Intrinsically motivated to always be sharpening craft, message, and the value-add for our customers. An attitude of collaboration that inspires others.
- Familiar with outbound engine technology tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, Gong, G-Suite and others. Extremely organized with superb attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial and driven - want to be part of a fast growing SaaS company, set high standards, and deliver world-class results, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability as needed in a startup environment. Evidence of extreme drive, looking for a challenge and committed to winning as a team.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be in the room where it happens! Influence strategy as we build Guidewheel’s outbound engine from the ground up.
- Grow with a mission-driven team that believes developing talent is important, and is building that as a core strength of the company from day one.
- Be a leader in the organization, leading the way for future hires and mentoring junior team members as they join.
- Make your mark on improving the state of the world! Guide our customers to reach sustainable peak performance, with positive impact for both their businesses and the planet.
Anywhere! Guidewheel is a distributed team and our expectation is to remain 100% remote-first for the foreseeable future. For this role, you’ll be working with a team on North American time zones.
Something looks off?