AVP, FX Trading - West Africa
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
The role: Flutterwave is looking for a Trader, whose primary responsibility will be to build and develop a trading strategy for all FLW major currencies in Africa & Europe. Additionally, deal structuring would be involved to service our concierge merchants, as well as pricing for our products (i.e. remittance and others).
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be Like
- Develop a strategy for building and scaling a trading desk for EM for G10 currencies, closely managing liquidity across major positions.
- Develop and implement an hedging strategy across major markets
- Structure treasury deals for large merchants across the globes,
- Establish pricing rules for remittance products and new products as required.
- Develop a risk management policy to cover FX and liquidity risks
- Produce newsletters and think piece for merchants
- Establish strong working partnerships externally with key banking partners, LPs & internal stakeholders
- Ensure standard daily and periodic reporting and maintain process documentation for all relevant reports including funding and certain liquidity metrics.
- Support new bank onboarding & FX trading activities as needed.
- Produce financial analysis and market trends reports on FX and liquidity
- Maintains knowledge of financial markets and regulatory updates
- Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties.
- Continuous evaluation of current processes vis-à-vis best industry practices
- Continuous and effective engagement of relevant stakeholders in achieving operational efficiency and revenues growth.
Required competency and skill set to be a Waver
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 10+ years of experience in FX trading
- Experience & understanding of international payments, banking systems, Crypto and Defi workflow platforms.
- Good understanding of the EM and G10 FX trading operations and local regulations.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, SQL and relevant tools
- Experience or familiarity with all or some of Emerging Markets, FX, and remittances a
- Excellent Financial analytical, strategic planning and execution skills
- High Level attention to details
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet set deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation skills and communication skills.
- Work goal-oriented based on minimum supervision
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity, and ethical standards
- Authorization to work in the country without sponsorship