Chargebacks & Disputes Associate, Ghana
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
The Role: We’re looking for a Disputes Associate (Chargeback & Refund) to join our Regional Operations team. The ideal candidate will join a team that takes responsibility for identifying and reporting issues and following up on corrective actions to resolve differences and deficiencies.
The right candidate for this role should have a solid understanding of card network rules, dispute & fraud monitoring programs, fines assessment, and dispute remediation strategies and best practices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Processing and disputing chargebacks and refund inquiries to recover funds - including investigations of chargebacks and communications with external partners
- Analysing information, thinking through difficult problems, and making critical decisions based on limited information
- Tracking and providing statistics on chargebacks and refunds for the Finance Team
- Tracking and maintaining fraud incident reports and other related analyses
- Making certain that all chargeback activities are handled in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Reporting on Fraudulent vs Service related chargebacks, refunds, actions taken, and results obtained
- Communicating with our Payment Processors/Partners on our external partner’s queries
- Compiling the figures from various databases to build the team's monthly chargeback report.
- Validating chargeback reports by utilising internal and external systems
- Providing relevant internal teams/stakeholders with transactions that have come back as chargeback or refund
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the Compliance team.
- Any other duties assigned
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years experience in dispute/chargeback mitigation within the payments, fintech, or financial service spaces.
- High attention to detail, well organised and excellent analytical skills.
- Strong excel skills, ability to handle large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Client engagement experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage projects
You’ll love this job if you
- Have an intellectual curiosity about payments and technology
- Have high aptitude to quickly understand customer use cases and requirements
- Have the ability to drive cross-functional teams from ideation to solution
- Have the ability to manage proactive and reactive tasks effectively
- Are self-driven, self-starter, extremely passionate, goal-getter
- Are passionate about process improvements
- Are comfortable managing relationships within every aspect of the organisation from senior executives to engineers
- Embrace the challenge of managing multiple activities simultaneously
- Are comfortable working in ambiguity and the constant change of life at a startup experiencing hyper growth