Software Engineer II (Front End)
Are you an experienced frontend software engineer looking to take the next step in your career in developing modern web applications? Does working on bleeding-edge SaaS technology in the OSINT space sound exciting? Do you enjoy collaborating with other engineers to drive innovation and engage in creative problem-solving?
As a frontend software engineer at Flashpoint, you'll have the opportunity to embrace and experience all of these things. You'll join a team full of other highly talented and motivated engineers in supporting a culture of collaboration and innovation. Your mission will be to drive our product and engineering roadmaps and deliver major projects for our range of geospatial-focused risk intelligence products.
You'll bring your previous experience to bear on driving high coding standards, design principles, and rigorous code reviews. At Flashpoint, you'll have the opportunity to hone your own skills, level up your career, and help others on their journeys as well.
Flashpoint is the pioneering leader in threat data and intelligence. We empower commercial enterprises and government agencies to decisively confront complex security challenges, reduce risk, and improve operational resilience amid fast-evolving threats. Through the Flashpoint Ignite platform, we deliver unparalleled depth, breadth and speed of data from highly relevant sources, enriched by human insights. Our solutions span cyber threat intelligence, vulnerability intelligence, geopolitical risk, physical security, fraud and brand protection. The result: our customers safeguard critical assets, avoid financial loss, and protect lives. Discover more at flashpoint.io
We have a role for you if
- You love building scalable, performant web applications with modern frontend technologies
- You have previously worked on enterprise SaaS products
- You can take tasks of varying size and complexity, prioritize effectively, and complete them with a high degree of self-sufficiency
- You have experience translating product requirements into working software
- You embrace a culture of growth, learning, and knowledge sharing
- You agree that testing is essential to building robust, maintainable software
- You recognize the value of thorough and timely code reviews, documentation, and working collaboratively
What you will get to do on our team
- Build and maintain features on an industry-leading risk intelligence SaaS platform
- Pair and collaborate with a group of experienced, talented engineers
- Work cross-functionally with other teams and departments to support Flashpoint's broader product lines and platform systems
- Get experience owning technical planning, delegation, and execution
- Contribute to engineering projects that drive application performance, code maintainability, and developer experience
- Have an impact on product direction and influence the product roadmap
- Work towards career advancement through goal-setting and other initiatives
What you will achieve
- Within 30 days, you will have
- Onboarded to your team, the company, and all important processes
- Written, merged, and deployed code into a production environment
- Participated in our agile ceremonies (sprint planning, retros, daily standup)
- Within 60 days, you will have
- Onboarding onto the major relevant domains of the codebase
- Become a regular contributor to creating and reviewing pull requests
- Some critical path sprint work
- By 90 days, you will have
- Fully onboarded to our codebase and related tooling and systems (e.g. telemetry, CI/CD, monitoring tools, etc)
- Owned the planning, execution and delivery of (at least) a small to medium sized epic or feature
- Contributed to planning discussions to help drive technical decisions
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Strong knowledge of modern frontend languages, including ES6+ and Typescript
- Background working with popular frontend frameworks and libraries such as Vue or React
- Experience with consuming and interacting with REST APIs and WebSockets
- Knowledge of CSS and CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Github or Gitlab as well as CI/CD pipelines
- Awareness of software development lifecycles
- An eye for design and UX and experience collaborating with product and design teams
- Understanding of compiler tooling such as Babel
- The ability to use testing frameworks (e.g. Jest, Cypress) and methodologies such as BDD or TDD
Base Pay Range: CA$75,000/yr - CA$90,000/yr plus bonus
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and products and services that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded virtual events: book clubs, happy hours, committees, DIBE discussion group, Donut mixers, local team member meetups and much more.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements, expensed lunches, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
Are you unsure if this role suits you or not? Unsure about the timing? Interested in future opportunities? Stay connected by joining our Talent Network. By doing so, you'll stay updated with Flashpoint news and upcoming career opportunities. Even if you're not ready to apply now, being part of our Talent Network ensures you won't miss out on exciting opportunities in the future.